John Worsfold

Would love nothing more than Woosha to stay but can’t see how this is going to work he might be able to commute for this year but beyond that would be difficult.

You would love nothing more than for Woosha to leave. Lets be honest.

1 Like

/fxd

1 Like

I’d love nothing more than for Worsfold to coach Essendon to a flag this year.
That’s all any of this is about.
Being a successful team.
Everything else is just noise.

5 Likes

Some people make lots of it.

3 Likes

Always bemuses me the Woosha bashing

He took the biggest hospital handball of all time as senior coach of this team.

We amazingly didn’t drop our bundle in 2016 despite being a patched up team and uncovered multiple best 22 players.

He had to deal with returning players scenario, of which most really struggled later in season and the engine room was being powered by midfielders who could hardly train week to week and certainly couldn’t provide the run/pressure we needed on game day.

Even so we made finals & he was ultimately responsible for getting our fwd line functioning amazingly well to be one of the most potent in the league. Next phase as is obvious to all is midfield and we have traded accordingly to rapidly improve.

Those 3 class players I may add came to club in large part as a result of Woosha’s experience, what he has created in terms of culture and the exciting game style we play.

This will really be his first year with a clear run at it and no external factors affecting his coaching that no other coach in the league had to deal with.

I think he has done a phenomenal job and hope he stays on and gets us the flag the whole club is driving towards behind him, and also stays for the period of sustained success we headed for once our 19-24yr old group, are all 24-29yrs old.

28 Likes

Needs to make his intentions clear, either give him a contract for 2019 now, or he should go now. Completely agree with windy dill in saying the players deserve to play for a coach who’s in it for the long haul. Why would you bother taking notice of what a bloke says who’s leaving the club in 10 months? They need consistency and a direction

I honestly hope this is sorted ASAP, it’ll be s distraction. Has anyone in the know heard anything?

2 Likes

l am waiting for Humble NSW fan’s contribution.

7 Likes

Hey could be doing this in the background.

Slowly canvassing the options and then when the season ends he sticks his hand up and says gone for family, here is my replacement, I helped choose him like Adelaide.

If he is going I’d go for Caracalla.

And the (coterie) rumour I heard mid last year was Goodwin as his replacement.

This place would go off the charts if it was him instead of Blake C.

goodwin as his replacement is just 100% stupid.

6 Likes

I’d have to seriously consider my membership if Goodwin got the gig, he is a carnt

1 Like

Whoa, I feel like I’m missing something here.

Because they’ll be participating in the 2018 AFL season under this one. Who gives a crap who coaches next year. He’s the coach this year, end of story.

7 Likes

There was talk that his family were going back to WA months ago.

Since then, both Xavier Campbell and Worsfold have said they will be talking about Worsfold’s future in Jan/Feb (I think it was).

Since then, Worsfold has also said on a few occasions words to the effect that he would like to be around for a bit longer yet. He sounds pretty committed to the Club.

His contract already has an option for 2019.

I’m really not sure what people are getting worked up about at this stage.

12 Likes

just shut the thread down now. It ain’t getting any better than the above.

Two 10/10 posts in the space of 4 posts

Yeah, wow. Extreme cynicysm winning votes on Blitz.

Why I bothered to venture into this thread after resisting 250 posts, I don’t know.

1 Like

wtf are you saying? I do want Woosha to stay but also looking at the bigger picture. if he stays i would be over the moon.

Seriously? Change the coach 2 months out from the start of the season? Making a top 4 quality list play either a band aid of a game plan for another year or go back to square one on a new one, that’s just ■■■■■■■ stupid WOB.

7 Likes

This.

Or, why would you be a sook about it if you had a chance to genuinely compete in the current year?