John Worsfold

You bang on about Caracalla like he’s the second coming of Christ.

In the past ten years we have had two untried coaches. How do you think that worked out for us?

We have a very good coach at the helm now and hopefully he stays.

5 Likes

Cara is the coaching equivalent of the kid in the twos who’s playing well without getting a senior game. He’s the answer to everyone’s prayers… until he actually gets a chance to fail at which point they’ll throw him on the scrapheap in favour of the next messiah.

3 Likes

As percebushby said, there could easily be another explanation for the family returning to Perth.

1 Like

Out of the untried coaches he’s the best one right now imo.

The bloke has won 2 flags at two diffrent clubs, was at Geelong when they won thier flags and Richmond and from all reports the Tigers break through flag was due mostly to Caracella’s input.

I say his chances at succeding as senior coach are high.

1 Like

Was he at Collingwood when they won a flag under Malthouse?

I think he was.

edit - from wiki

Coaching career

Caracella began working as an assistant coach at Collingwood in 2007. In 2010 he moved to Geelong where he was responsible for the development of forward line players.[8] In September 2016 he accepted a position as an assistant coach at Richmond under former teammate Damien Hardwick.

Do you know how many times that has been said about untried coaches?

Being a good assistant doesn’t guarantee you will be a good senior coach.

That’s true but Caracella will be coming from a team that’s recently had success.

Do you know how often assistant coaches get poached from premiership sides?

Happens all the time.

1 Like

True.

At the end of the day I want Worsfold to stay he’s done a fantastic job so far and hoping he delivers us the success we all crave but if he were to leave Caracella would be my priroity.

2 Likes

I want to win a ■■■■■■■ final.

14 Likes

What is Bass up to? Is he an assistant at Port? Does he have senior coaching ambitions?

Welcome to Essendon Brett Ratten*

*I actually wouldn’t be horribly upset by this. He wasn’t as bad as he seemed, turns out. And should be better for the experience.

6 Likes

Brendan Bolton was an assistant at Hawthorn during their super period. That means Carlton are going to win the premiership this year :rofl:

2 Likes

Assistant at Port and him and his family are very happy to be back “home”. Think he is just waiting for Kenny to get the ■■■■

2 Likes

Bomber Thompson needs a job

6 Likes

Will be interesting with Kenny. I reckon he’s been ordinary apart from his first couple of years.

When did they extend him til? Wasn’t it about 2021?
They’ll have huge expectations this year, but I don’t really rate their off season acquisitions.
Will be interesting to watch Port if they don’t make the 8.

Do you know how many times essendon goes its old boys and stagnates?

1 Like

My Dad said that in 1980 about a bloke called Sheedy.

Yep, the good ole days