John Worsfold

Alright Mr Pedant.
Adelaide, Geelong at home, Sydney at home.

Having said that, I’m a realist, and I expect 13 wins this year, one more than last year.
In the one true free air season we’ve had since the second last year of Knights’ reign.
We’d better be good.

1 Like

Duly noted

■■■■■■■ sigh

Good,
Glad you’ve noted it.
Sorry to be so unfarkingreasonable.

Let me put it another way.
This list?
Daniher, Tippa, McGrath, Saad, Stringer, Smith, Fantasia, Mckenna, Hooker, Hurley, Stewart?

You know, if we get 17 wins?
Awesome!
If we don’t get one more win than last year, when half our list was coming back from a layoff, then it is time for a new coach.
No beg your pardons, no excuses.

But I have every confidence we’ll get 13 wins.

But our list is in horrible shape.

Sack Dodoro.

Alright, if you’re going to be a tool about it, then I won’t bother with you.

2 Likes

If we seriously think we’re good enough to be a top 4 team, then we can only afford…
1 loss to a bottom 4 team
2 losses to a 9th to 14th team.
2 losses to 5th to 8th team.
Break even (worst case) against the 3 other teams in the top 4.

Lose any more than 8 games in the year and we’re a chance to be a 5th to 8th team.

And just to future-proof against idiots…
I do think we can get 13 wins this year.
At least.
I think that is a very soft and reasonable target.

If Hurley goes down midyear, then sure, reassess.
But as it stands?
Minimum.
Anything less is a fail.

Edit: And I’d consider 15 wins to be a very good performance. Contract-extension-worthy.

This so much, I don’t mind a bit of arrogance (I actually encourage it) but ONLY IF YOU CAN BACK IT UP.

I don’t mind arrogance if you have something to be arrogant about. Reckon we are a way off strutting about with our chests out - let’s do this after we beat up and bury sides consistently.

5 Likes

Sorry to disagree but not acceptable to lose to Adelaide, (flat track bullies)

And definitely not acceptable to lose to Sydney at home IN A FINAL!!!

Yeah, see I reckon arrogance is a weakness. Confidence is necessary, but arrogance just leaves yourself open to not showing up ready to go.

3 Likes

Arrogance is always bed. An arrogant person has no respect for those he deals with. An arrogant team does not respect its opponents. And that’s always bad.

Arrogance is not pride.

1 Like

I’d say that’s fair.

Points taken and fair enough. My point was that before you even think of yourself in that way (if you want to) you need to put the runs on the board and they need to be big runs and often. We haven’t buried, bullied and ragdolled teams consistently for way way…. way too long.

I want to go to a game expecting us to win, and actually winning, and winning well. In a nutshell I want a repeat of 2000.

2 Likes

All of you realise that it’s probable that he will have his contract extended before Round 1, right?

1 Like

There were a couple of games last year where we actually did this. West Coast, Port Adelaide and St Kilda. First time we have just done the job, and done it well, in a decade probably.

Hird did it too. Wrote about it in one of his columns.

Hird wrote about outnumbering your opponents around the ball by method. Brilliant article. That one article increased my understanding of footy by 400%, yet when I listen to baz or read the age I spontaneously get dumberer.

3 Likes

Coaching team need to keep adding to the war chest. Last year we prepared well and our first quarters proved that. We can’t afford the opposition changing tactics to counter us and maintain the same thing because it’s working, we need to be proactive and make changes at the breaks and keep the opposition guessing. I’m hoping we have more methods to attack and taking time off the clock.