John Worsfold

I don’t really understand why you’re comparing what Knights did to what Hawthorn have done in the last 2 years. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to compare to what Clarkson did when he took over Hawthorn, because at that time Hawthorn needed a complete rebuild, just like Essendon did when Knights took over.

Edit: Plus it’s way too early to determine if Hawthorn’s strategy from the last 2 years is going to pay off. Odds are against them I reckon, but you never know with Clarkson.

Can the season please please start already?

7 Likes

52 days.
Less time than it takes for guinea pigs to breed.

5 Likes

He was interviewed on ABC radio.
Early 2011.
Had a defensive plan but wasn’t good enough, and which contributed to his sacking.
Wouldn’t be drawn on knocking the executioners.

I don’t think anyone will be commissioning the P Jackson statue anytime soon.

The year is 2132. Club and league games record holder Mason fletcher IV has just taken over as Essendon coach, after a down period following their (record) 46th, 47th and 48th flags under Stephanie Hird Jr. 90,000 members a week pack out the Tullamarine biodome as the club posts record profits of 9 trillion bitcoin.

On BomberBlitz v214… “yes but Knights picked NLM”…

12 Likes

He’ll be in a very good place. The media will love the opportunity to get their hands on some of the finer details leading up to his sacking, during the book launch.

LOOOOOL
Nobody cares now. In a few more years? Hahaha

1 Like

The full story from Knights? Bestseller.

A Knights Tale?

2 Likes

Knights Knifed

iirc the Essendon board told Knights to fix up the goal runs that teams were kicking against because we were ■■■■ defensively but he told them to get stuffed it’s my way or the highway basicly.

Also If he continued to coach,Fletcher would have retired and we would have never see him reach 400 games.

There is no sugar coating it Matty Knights was a ■■■■■ coach.

Knights did a good job of clearing out a lot of dead wood that had served Sheedy well but who were clearly past their best.( some former premiership players)

JJ
Rama
Peverill
Lucas
Bolton( can’t actually remember when he left)
Mal Michael
Welsh

And his record against Carlton was very good.

That’s the only positives I can find

1 Like

The only way they’ll sell any books at all is if they market it in some way in relation to the saga…“the coach Essendon could have kept instead of Hird” or some crap like that.

Will it make a stop at the bargain bin, in it’s trip from the printing press to the pulper?

Which is becoming less and less relevant by the day

Remember Aker’s tell all after he’d been cut from the Dogs?

Exactly

Nobody cares about ex footballers grinding axes.

Is that fair dinkum? A book?
That’s made your point perfectly :slight_smile:

Grinding an axe with Essendon is a sport in this country.

1 Like

About 1.5 weeks after release I happened to be in a CBD bookshop.
Seriously had dozens of them with fluoro yellow “reduced price” stickers. Maybe a hundred.

There are a zillion sports books released every year. People buy them for their dads or husbands. And they’re probably going to buy the uplifting one, not the cynical one.

If he’s smart, he’ll sell his story to a tabloid. That’s where people want scuttlebutt and sniping. You read it, you hang ■■■■ on Gary from accounts, you throw it away the next day.

A book I feel would be a very sad choice. And it’s even sadder to hear (when he seems to have carved out a respectable niche as a development focussed assistant coach) that getting stiffed 5+ years ago is still front of mind.

1 Like

Knights strikes me as the positive type so I reckon he’d be busy living his life rather than dwelling on that, so I don’t expect a book from him.
Maybe an open mike (equivalent) in 10 or 15 years.

3 Likes