John Worsfold

Same.
But stander seems rather keen on Knighter changing everything.
I feel like we should sit tight, even if we’re not cofident.

1 Like

I don’t know how many of those Knights forced out and how many simply came to the end of their own accord. Especially given Welsh was offered a contract under Hird.

Either way it wasn’t really those players who were the problem on the field at the time.

I actually forgot welsh played under Hird, my bad

Scott Lucas retired when Hird retired and Sheedy didn’t get extended.

No he didn’t. He played under Knights.

3 Likes

Didn’t he kick 9 goals in his last game against the Eagles?
The same game that was Sheedy and Hird’s last game?

Or maybe he played on past then?

Edit…
My bad. Lucas played 2 seasons under Knights.
He retired playing his last game against the Eagles. His second last game was against the Tigers.

Very similar to Hird but two years after.

The bursitis years

1 Like

Stats are overrated. :wink:

1 Like

You’re confusing stats with actual numbers.
That’s actually the problem I have with stats - people tend to think they’re real.

1 Like

Whatever format he chooses, it will raise an eyebrow or two, especially on a slow news day. It will come one day, guaranteed.
I’d certainly be interested to hear a bit more from Knights, especially about the involvement of the guy who sat on the board when he was appointed and chaired the board when he got dumped.

John who?

2 Likes

If you ask a few of them, they had years and years left. Just no other club was interested, is all.
Certainly JJ, Pev, Lloyd and Lucas thought they deserved to go on. He also traded Lovett and Nash out.
Hard to argue with many of them - don’t think anyone he pushed/traded did anything for another club. He put a lot of heat on Houli who ended up ■■■■■■■ off but that (officially) came post Knights.

1 Like

Lucas was cooked and he knew it.
Houli was unfortunate. Hird tried to get him to stay, but he’d made up his mind.

Maybe even three eyebrows. But it won’t get into double figures.

1 Like

I heard he was ■■■■■■.
They tried to get him to play in the final because we had about 3 talls fit and he said no, even though he was still playing VFL.

It certainly wasn’t well handled but that doesn’t mean the calls were necessarily wrong.

Perhaps I’m giving him too much credit.
I remember him saying at his retirement press conference that he was there to announce his new three year deal, and how we laughed. So I assumed he knew.

But he was as done as any player ever has been ever.
Chasing the only kicks he could get from kick-outs, and I actually wondered if he needed glasses during his last season.

1 Like

fit perfectly in a country road bag.

I think Matty Knights learned a lot from his sacking at Essendon. Moving on to become the VFL Coach at Geelong and now is an assistant coach. Proving that people can change but also often resist change. I have always wondered if he wasn’t employed to be the hatchet man.

Then so that when the Essendon faithful didn’t like certain players being shown the door it wasn’t the Board’s fault. As we know teams must keep evolving like life, the old must make way for the new.

Didn’t MJ, Solomon & McPhee all leave to the Freo retirement village under his watch?

I’m sure at least the first two went before that (and Kepler! How could you forget Kepler!).

McPhee walked after the trade week after 09, so yes to him. Did his leaving hurt us? We got Hardingham with that spot, he played 65 games, Mcphee played 56 for Freo. McPhee probably better for those games he played. But not by much.