John Worsfold

Questions like:
What games have you been watching?
and
Which club do you allegedly support?

Dennis Pagan once said “you plan and prepare for the first 5 minutes of a game, after that it’s coaching on the run”

I am really suprised that woosha has still not any kind of extension, the way it looks, 2018 will be final season for him at the club, particulary after his family moved back to perth late late last year. Back in January, they mentioned that it would be settled by Round 1, guess what folks, round 1 is about 4 days away, I don’t suspect he will have the contract business settled by friday.
Does the club and John know something we don’t, that he won’t be coaching essendon in 2018, imagine if we win the flag? Are people still going to let him walk away,? Sorry but I am not happy about how the club has handled this, he should of either of already signed on for another 2 years, or said he won’t be doing anything in 2019 other than moving back to perth.

FFS! Get a grip mate. Maybe they’ve mutually agreed to wait a while and see how the team is actually going.
Half of his ■■■■■■ forum preferred that to happen.
So they’re never going to please everyone.

1 Like

There’s no rush.

1 Like

2 months ago they said he would be signed on the bottom line by round 1, now it seems if essendon are 0-5 after round 5, then he won’t be coaching in 2019 based on form and decision.

I don’t think we’ll be 0-5, but this isn’t tenure.
For anyone.

Club always media stages these things like they do with players re-contracting.

1 Like

I don’t think they did say that. THey said Worsfold and X were going to start talking in early February. For all we know they have and they are well down the road of sorting it out and just have a few minor things to tick off.

It might be his decision whether he wants to go on as well.

Why the hell would we want to preemptively sign a coach to an extension when this year is arguably his most important season where he has no excuses to hide behind if things go wrong?

Why not wait until mid-season or so to see how the team is performing and how the players seem to be gelling on-field with 3 new best 22 players coming in through the off-season.

Do people not remember the Matthew Knights debacle?

4 Likes

I have a vague recollection of kickett ironing woosh out one day

Why? We’re better off waiting until mid-season anyway
If there isn’t obvious improvement, don’t extend his contract, if there is, and he has the desire to stay and take us as far as he can, then sure.

Sign Him Up!

Looking good.

1 Like

hoooold.

Chalk one up for the Worshoe

He’s been very restrained by not pointing out he chose not to shift Hooker back when we got 20 behind.

5 Likes

No plan B

3 Likes

I know you’re being silly, but I’m not going to let silliness go.

Gibbs was the factor in them kicking away.
Moving Hooker back wasn’t going to affect that.
McGovern and Jenkins were pretty well held.

1 Like