Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Richmond fans would burn the joint down. Do you really think they wont match the bid so they can take those two picks of us.

Depends if they can or not, they offloaded a bunch of cap space on prestia and caddy last year. Apparently they also have auto increases for allot of players so they may net be able to match.

Brendon Gale said to match any offer would be irresponsible. Theyā€™ve put forward the biggest offer ever to a Richmond player & they wonā€™t increase it. Think I put his quotes in the Dusty thread. Either way, it seems like theyā€™re prepared for the scenario he doesnā€™t stay. Theyā€™ve already moved on to signing players such as Rioli. I donā€™t think heā€™s bluffing.

Dusty should sign with Richmond. Itā€™s good money.

I donā€™t think Richmondā€™s offer is unders.

Iā€™d be dirty if we had players wishing to do the same here.

Kelly on the otherhand. Playing for a club which struggles to pull more than 5k worth of its own fans to a home game and despite being brilliant is easily interchanged with other absolute guns in waiting.(he would have probably played neafl all year if they didnā€™t have so many injuriesā€¦now a favourite for the Brownlow).

In his first 3 years Kelly played 18, 18 and 24 games. I donā€™t think him getting games this year has anything to do with their injury list.

1 Like

Kellys one of the best disposers on that team. hard worker. GUN.

1 Like

He would NOT be playing neafl

1 Like

No, he definitely would not have been playing NEAFL without all their injuries but he may not have got as much midfield time early on this year with all those other players available. Clearly now on his current form he is in their first rotation but Iā€™m not sure he was at the start of the year with a full line up.

Kelly NEAFL lol.

He is their best player.

GWS have known he would be their best player for quite sometime.

Next I will hear how Zach Merrett would have been playing VFL last year if the players werenā€™t suspendedā€¦

The only difference this year is he has had a lot more inside mid / centre square time due to their injury list.

If Griffen, Coniglio, Hopper and co were available. Heā€™d have been playing more outside.

They say it about Raz, and Iā€™d have been reasonably sure he would have played all season.

3 Likes

Surely Kelly wouldnā€™t want to go to North and be part of a rebuild when heā€™s about to enter his prime

Got to get Martin or Kellyā€¦ prefer Martin as we need that kind of player in the middle more.

Interestingly a couple of semi in the know north mates were sprouting off that Kelly is on his way to north and they are going to throw Pick 2 and Goldstein for him.

With a nine year 9 mil deal on te table and a high pick with goldstein to satisfy GWS its becoming ver plausible.

100% plausible.

But history shows none of that matters.

What matters is the club the player chooses.

Hmmm, problem is, like Ryder, Goldstein needs to agree to the trade.

I imagine if they leave him in the VFL for the rest of the year heā€™d definitely consider it.

1 Like

LOL, Goldstein would walk to Sydney naked for the chance.

3 Likes

Yeah. Why would he leave a great grand final bound club to go to a shithole like GWS?
Oh wait.

1 Like

Just ask Ryder!

Oh wait