Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

hawthorn promised to fix his knees, hows that working out for him so far ?

Unless kelly packs his own chopsticks wherever he goes, throw the kitchen sink at him.

Him, zerrett parish and heppell in the midfield, if you couldn’t build a ■■■■■■■ team around that combo, even with compromised drafting then you shouldn’t be in the game.

We were kicked out of first round drafting, we know how to do it and what to expect.
Send him an offer every ■■■■■■■ 2 hours, every day so he knows we are dead serious.

1 Like

Would gladly give up our next 2 years first rounders for him. If and all that North have offered $9m over 9 years we would need to better that by a little also.

2 Likes

It’s not the same risk because that decision was made without Kelly having played a game.
You know what you’re going to get Kelly and it’s better than Tyson and Salem combined.

Yesterday he had 7 clearances (more than any Ess player and 1 behind Sheil) and 14 contested poss (the most on the ground).
38 possessions with 0 turnovers and 10 tackles. He uses the ball like Zach but it’s more penetrating. He’s got it all.

We just have to convince him we’re a better option than North and the Saints - which hasn’t been our strong point. Surely with all the crap behind us we’re more of a destination club than those two. Surely. He’ll cost 1-1.2 mill a year though.

1 Like

At least match it and sell and club as a better destination than North.

Fast forward a few years- will McGrath be our Josh Kelly? He has the football smarts, he has the run and has crisp disposal.

I still think we should snag a young gun wanting to come home though. I hope GWS make the grand final because 18 players will realise they aren’t in the best 22 up there and hopefully will look elsewhere for a permanent gig

1 Like

Kitchen sink. Do it

You all know it won’t happen, just move on and you won’t get disappointed when it doesn’t.

3 Likes

I’m not convinced giving everything for one bloke is a smart move.

We have plenty of holes. Need to get closer before making this sort of move.

Go to the draft. Draft midfielders.

3 Likes

It’s not giving up ‘everything’ for one bloke. It’s giving up 2 picks for one player. A gauteenteed elite mid.
Pretty good midfield with Parish, McGrath, Heppell, Zerrett and Kelly as your mids.
Heppell becomes your third best mid with McGrath and Parish on the improve.

Love this kid, wanted him ages ago when it was just signs.

However I haven’t seen anything to indicate he’d want to come here. Also I love mystery box options so would like to hold onto as many top end draft picks as possible.

If he goes to a minow club like Norf or Saints over a powerhouse like Essendon I’ll be spewing.

2 Likes

BRING HIM IN

BRING
THE ■■■■
IN

2 Likes

There’s definitely indications that he’ll leave. I’m sure he’s seen GWS’s best offer and he’s still put off talks till the end of the year.
Surely when can sell a better story than North and the Saints now that the saga is behind us.

McGrath will be our McGrath. Kelly should be our Kelly. Upside, youth, sensible haircut and no chopsticks.

1 Like

They have the coin and picks to get it done.

Essendon also hasn’t had the most ideal last 3 years that we would want with the Saga and picks stripped from us.

Also it depends on what we are prepared to give up, but I wouldn’t think with money we had to spend to retain Hurley, Hooker and co, we could do that atm… Have we resigned Francis? if not add him to the likes of McGrath and Parish we need to lock away ASAP

If he goes to Essendon then he won’t get a chance to run around without an opponent vs Essendon.

6 Likes

Won’t have to spend much to lock away Francis based on what he’s shown so far

3 Likes

Pretty sure Francis has signed a two year extension already

1 Like

I think you misunderstood, the risk is the same, we’re just GWS in the scenario not Melbourne. We effectively already have the chance of Tyson & Salem (our 1st round picks this & next year) but weigh that against 1 player clearly already a star. Don’t get me wrong, I would do the trade in a heartbeat, I’ve watched this club draft talls & flankers for 15 years & know full well how important a genuine mid like Kelly would be, I just don’t think we have the will to do it or the people capable of pulling it off.

2 Likes

There is also a smell of Hawthorn about us. Who knows how we will go when the old fellows retire.

The club clearly think the older guys are better footballers than the kids at present.