Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Kj_11.
We live in a world where Social Justice Warriors will twist anything to be outraged.

It’s identity politics and it’s a poison.

And I think there are more than a few SJW’s on Blitz who love to fly the flag about any minority or social issue that fits their narrative.

They are part of what’s wrong with the world. I’m surprised they didn’t outright call you racist, sexist, white privilege or whatever the latest buzzword to prevent any constructive debate.

You are all good bud.

5 Likes

Lol, talk about jumping to conclusions

Cul de sacs gone off half cocked a few times.

10 Likes

Understatement of the year.

No, I’m just sick and tired of the racist assumptions that are continually made about indigenous people on this site. Racism doesn’t have to be blatant to exist.

Seems to me you are looking for racism.

And if you believe he was referring to indigenous players exclusively then how is saying “draft them” racist.

Further to this. Drafting small forwards is always a massive risk. It’s like drafting a ruck. It’s a lottery. You should enquire before you label. You may be right, you may be wrong. But your assumptions make you a ranting (yes I get the irony) SJW who all live in an echo chamber and never actually influence anybody except for people who already think the same.

The problem is you may have reasonable points to raise about current society but if you label everything racist then you actually only hurt your credibility and you take away the impact of the term. 10 years ago if I was called racist I would be horrified. Now, it’s a label for people to us to try and push their moral compass on you and stop your ability to share an opinion. Means nothing. That’s because of people use it willy nily.

I don’t want to seem condescending but maybe being less aggressive and more inquisitive may enable you to have influential communications. What many people do, particularly hardcore left types, is they actively or implicitly imply that they are a better person than others. If Kj_11 or anyone else (me) think you are morally judging them then guess what, you ain’t gonna change a single persons opinion on indigenous people and that would be a crying shame for someone clearly passionate.

Meanwhile. Get Kelly. Gun.

1 Like

Blitz has way more SJW’s than it has racists

8 Likes

Irony of a lot of this debate is they have drafted for small /medium fwd types. They mostly didn’t work out. Why? The risk.

Smith is a gun
Pickett and Ahern were traded without playing a game
Jed Lamb was a recycled player that didn’t work
Will Hoskin Elliot was mostly fwd and didn’t make it at the giants. Same as Liam Sumner.

Because so many didn’t make it Greene plays fwd (also coz he is a little slow for their midfield mix) and they draft old blokes to play the role.

Just thought I would add that in…

1 Like

I was in and out today but heard Brian Waldron saying that Kelly will be at the Saints next year.
He’s a Saints man so take that as you will. That said, if a ‘Bombers man’ was saying that Kelly will be at the Bombers next year there’d be a mini melt down.
Hope he’s wrong. They beat us for Membrey. Pinched Carlisle from us. If they get Kelly the next one we should target is Ameet Bains.

Agree. My message: lighten up.

1 Like

Excuse me. I thought I was in the Josh Kelly thread. Carry on

1 Like

We haven’t really been linked to him have we?

18 clubs would be into him.

The trade whisperer mentioned we’d met with his management which I then heard from a more reliable source. I’m sure lots of clubs enquired.
You’d think if we were after O’Meara we’d be right into Kelly too.
I’m sure we’d be keen, but maybe he’s not into us. Who knows.

Yeah, I’d assume all clubs have at least enquired.

Heard from a good source that we are making a mammoth play for dustin martin
would you guys rather martin or kelly

Kelly. Everytime

5 Likes

I’d rather Kelly.
Seems like an incredibly high quality individual.

1 Like

Hmmm, this coincides with a few other comments on “Another Dodoro coup” … “Richmond won’t be happy” etc.

If it’s true, … like I’ve said already, … a bloke can change as he matures,… and I’ll trust the club’s due diligence & judgement, … but I hope it’s not for an exorbitant payday should it eventuate. If he came for less, in pursuit of success, … all good. Last thing we want, is any dissent, or discontent.

Disunity is Death.