Josh Schache

Jay Clark tweeted a link to the article too from PerthNow. Don’t think it’s behind a paywall.

Has Sloane just happened to catch up with Heppell at Dodoros cafe?

4 Likes

ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSENDON

What? You are taking the ■■■■ surely

Welcome to Essendon Steele Sidebottom.

9 Likes

Schache got thrashed in the NEAFL this season. More than once. Several times more than once. And do you know what they say about the NEAFL? You or I could get a kick. It’s not a promising formline.

Diggers, what I would say to that is. I will put my hand up and say I thought Patton was a truck for a long time. I was wrong. It takes these guy a lot longer than 2 years. Probably 5-6.

Will be a player for sure.

1 Like

That Brisbane.academy kid looks alright eh. Maybe he takes this blokes spot.

Rockliff and Gaff obviously not on our radar due to their surnames not starting with S.

2 Likes

I didn’t realise that Schache had some not insignificant ties to Essendon.

Dad played juniors at Bombers.

Lloydy obviously a big mentor.

We must be well positioned for him if he does move given he’d get the opportunity to play a career with the best player in the AFL by September 2018 Joe Daniher.

I’ve figured it out.

Jackets playing the long game.

Schache to be traded into Essendon.

Ben Ainsworth to request trade next year to Essendon to play with mate Josh. Avoids having to ever play on McGrath again.

Ainsworth gets #5 for Essendon next year.

Operation Mosquito fleet complete.

Premiership medals ensue!!!

3 Likes

To get around the Heraldsun paywall:

-Copy the link of the article(copying the link title also works)–Copy the link into Google (works better in an incognito tab)

Gets around it every time & means those bastards don’t get a cent.

5 Likes

Sloane, Schache, Stringer, Saad and Smith would would make for a good trade period.

Stringer would have made for a good trade period.

Stringer plus Smith makes a very good trade period.

Stringer plus Smith plus Saad makes an excellent trade period.

Stringer plus Smith plus Saad plus Shache (if it indeed happens for the loss of Francis) makes a trade period that may well go into EFC folklore.

As a side note - if the shock to Francis about being tradable due to his lack of progress results in him having a breakout 2018 season for us, then that is as good as trading in Shache.

4 Likes

Would Shache be the right fit? Our forward line was our strength this year, so would seem strange bringing in Stringer and Shache. Obviously Hooker would go back, but still a little strange. After Richmond and Bulldogs’ flags with one key talk, do we need both Daniher and Shache, as well as Stewart? I quite like the idea of a forward line of Joe, Stewart, Stringer, Raz, Tippa and one other (Green, Begley etc…)

That said, I’d have mixed feelings about Shache. Exciting big forward, but is he what he need?

I am for us chasing Schache as it would allow us to move our AA defender in Hooker back to where he belongs. Defence was a major problem this year and we haven’t been able to replace Carlol or Hooker. Back line of
Saad Hooker Bagley
McKenna Ambrose Hurley

looks far better than what we had this year.

3 Likes

Problem is Schache won’t be able to replace Hooker’s contested marking (4th in the comp) and 41 goals.

What was Hookers annual contested mark numbers when he played in the backline ?

Tigers and Dogs flags are not the the blueprint for us.

2 Likes

Of course not. He’s 20. But in time…

1 Like