Josh Schache

We are trading for success over the next 5-8 years. All of Saad, Stringer, Smith fit that age bracket for long term contributions. Schache would be a key part of our forward line until 2027.

As much as I rate Hooker as a forward, he’s in our team until 2020, maybe 2021.

1 Like

Bigger problem is that Schache as has shown zero at senior level when he has played in the seniors.

Tracking favourably at this point in his career when compared to Josh Kennedy.

So what that says is for a KPF playing in the bottom team and being homesick development can be a slower burn.

He will be a good player.

Most forwards would struggle at Lions.

Schache: 27 games, 25 goals
Neagle: first 27 games, 40 goals

I never get bored of Jay comparisons, especially since he was sacked after just one game.

Disregard the bit where Schache is only as old as Francis, and hence it’s too early to make a definite conclusion on their career.

2 Likes

Have no idea why we’d want Schache, has barely shown me much at senior level other than an occasional goal. Top teams are leaning away from the usual dinaosuar forwards.

1 Like

Not sold on schache.
A former recruiter i know recently said apart from him being athletic, he didnt see many attributes to warrant him at #2 and said he shouldnt have gone that high. Said he was going missing in games and being towled by underagers sometimes in games.

Obviously maturity and experience can massively change this but so far he honestly has shown no more than francis

I think a large reason he went #2 was because he is a talent that wasn’t averse to staying at brisbane.

1 Like

A guy I know said Schache is pronounced Schache.

7 Likes

Yep
Lions would have picked him even if they had pick 1

Can’t see Schache offering any more than Francis. Francis is already here and we will reap the reward - patience.

2 Likes

But everyone thought he was clearly #1 or #2 at the time. I reckon this sort of thing is a bit of hindsight. Everyone sees something in a player that they don’t necessarily rate, but still rate them highly overall. Down the track when the niggling question turned out to be more true all of a sudden it’s amplified and everyone claims they didn’t rate them at the time.

2 Likes

Pick 11

Hopefully the 3 club switch for the players wanting to go home can happen.

Schache. Francis. Cameron.

Crows if they land Motlop as FA to replace Cameron as looking likely and then replace Lever with Francis, as well as having pick 10&27 off Dees would be sitting pretty. Gibbs likely then also.

2 Likes

I think Schache would be just about the perfect get for us.

He’s a couple years from being a force, but assuming he isn’t a total dud.
Hooker plays forward in 2018/2019.
Come 2020, Schache is ready to dominate with Joe, Hooker moves into the backline for the final few years of his career as he moves past his peak.

Of course we would all love the A+ inside mid this trade period, but unfortunately we can’t make one materialise out of thin air. Schache could future proof our forwardline

3 Likes

Not sure he’d be happy playing VFL in 2018 ‘cause there’s no room up there at the moment

2 Likes

Is there a chance Essendon goes with Smith, Saad and Schache and let’s the Stringer trade linger and if it doesn’t work out…oh well?

if only things worked out so neatly in real life, not the essendon bubble that magic fairyland exists in in the above.

Yeah hooker can just stay forward til he’s past it, then can just move back to probably an even harder position, just cos he’s passed it as a forward.

schache having spent 2 years in the vfl magically ends up a powerhouse forward in the afl, and we come off wining our 5th premiership in a row, just cos.

I get that you’re being optimistic however if they get this kid, surely surely hooker goes back straight away and he comes in for rd 1, all things being equal.

Daniher didn’t get to the point he is by sticking him in the vfl til he was ready.
theoretically with a better list the brisbane, the kids talents of aletheticism and accurate goal kicking would be better ultilised in the afl.

I’m not for getting him, i’m guessing the fact fog keeps hinting at it, it’s a big possibility he’ll land at efc.
but imo would be a waste to sit him in the vfl for 2 years, just like when they play under 18, they won’t learn to outbody afl men playing in lesser leagues.

you stick em in the deep end and hope they swim.
getting a tall, and maybe stringer, you simply can’t afford to leave hooker forward. it becomes pointless and less efficient.

Yeah we’d definitely be sticking him straight into fwd line and Hooker would go back. Even if he had a lesser impact fwd (to be expected) than Hooker would. JD & Stewart would be the focus anyway.

Clearly we are trying to get to point in 2-3yrs where we can really have a crack. And letting Schache develop next to the other two will be the way to go.

I could think of about 200 blokes I’d prefer.

3 Likes