Josh Schache

Query is how Collingwood will turn this into another opportunity to get a slowish mid who can’t kick.

6 Likes

Throw in WB pick 26 to Adelaide. Job done

On TR this morning Rockliff said that it was hard playing in the Lions forward 50 because you would spend most of the time standing around waiting for the ball to somehow magically appear and give you a chance. He also said the ball getting in there was horribly delivered.

That would add something to why Shache would also be having some trouble coming on. Stagnant I50 work doesn’t make for good development.

Rockliff also said the culture was basically toxic. Imagine being a young guy in that environment. Explains why they kept losing them.

2 Likes

It’s a bit rich for him to bag stuff like that when he was a massive contributor to the problems, plus he was captain for some of that time and in the leadership group for most of it.
The Lions are pretty happy he’s gone.

8 Likes

Yeah partly but he also addressed some of that. He said he was often being blamed for things that never happened or he had no part in. As the captain he was copping it for stuff he had zero control over.

The joke will be when their delivery, consistency and defensive work rate improves out of sight next year without their “best player”.

If he was thinking like this, he should’ve moved on last year.

They wanted to move him on last year, No club was interested. This from the horses mouth of a 3 time premiership player (In October last year) who still has close ties with the club

1 Like

Yep.

If he was everything he’s hyped up as…

exactly. This same guy didn’t rate Rockliff as a player and bagged the cra@p out of his off field behaviour and leadership

Back on topic, Schache could prove the key to a the Stringer/ pick 11 standoff
Dogs don’t want to deal nicely with us - Brisbane might.
A deal whereby Brisbane get pick 11, we get Stringer, Dogs get Schache - change / steak knives fly everywhere.

Depends how you look at it I guess.
If you’re perception is roxkliff is a trouble maker then you’ll have the opinion you do.

I would think Cameron is something that should be low o n Brisbane list of needs, and he prolly won’t be the same player is was up there , just like Christian wasn’t the same from his Geelong days.

I think Cameron would be a good fit at Brisbane.

They have plenty of inside mids but probably lack that outside speed and class.

He’s only 23 so has lots to give. Most likely come relatively cheap.

He’s a hff though, and will suffer the same fate as roxkliff said , ball won’t get down there as much plus it’ll be worse delivery .

I’m not totally sold on Cameron anyway , got the luxury of being surrounded by players and a system that worked well.

Don’t be anywhere near the same outside influences on his game imo.

1 Like

I agree he may not have the same output but he has proven he can play to a certain level within a good system.

You have to bring in role players and he would come in and play a part.

Somebody is going to get a bargain.

2 Likes

Unless he stays.

Must admit I’ve found it hard to equate the “wantaway” rumours/reports, with the kid that was extremely happy to get to the Lions, and had a “mission” to finish what his Dad had begun.

I asked a senior person at the football club why we didn’t go after Rockcliff this year. Too old and a ■■■■ bloke was the response.

10 Likes

“Wantaway”. Whats with this recent outcome where Enid Blyton seems to be writing trade articles the last year or two?

6 Likes

In that case will fit in extremely well at Port

3 Likes

Could a 3 way with Francis to Adelaide, Schache to Ess and Adel pick to Bris work?

Francis will leave anyhow at some point…