4. Begley
  5. Langford
  6. Laverde
  7. Brown
  8. Ridley
  9. Schache
  10. Goddard
  11. McKernan

Thatā€™s a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  long list of potential 3rd talls.

Where he does make sense is as a future KPF, who could give us the ability to send Hooker back or at least be his long term replacement.

KPFā€™s potentially on EFCā€™s list, :

1. Daniher
  2. Hooker
  3. Schache
  4. Stewart
  5. Francis
  6. Smack
  7. Brown
  8. Bellchambers

This is still a long list, but if we rate Schache as being our best potential long term KPF after JD, then there is a case for him joining the team.

You are right though, the player he does potentially push out is Stewart unless one of Schache and Stewart is good enough to send Hooker back, which means they would have to have sufficient physical presence, which is still a query on both of them.

If we did go for him, itā€™d be at the expense of Francis. We donā€™t have anything left to trade, but if Francis does go, he and a second rounder may get a first rounder pick to the lions.

I would also think smacks days are numbered so your KPF list would drop by 3, with Schache added. Francis and Smack goes, Hooker back to defence.

Iā€™m staggered at the lack of interest. He was taken pick 2 based on talentā€¦ goes to the worst forward line/team in the comp and doesnā€™t perform wellā€¦ big shock there.

Reckon if rumours are right and we can get this kind for a second rounderā€¦ you would jump at itā€¦ literally jump at it.

If it involved a francis/schache swapā€¦ then its probably fair based on potential and development.

Time to start trading away those 2nd round picksā€¦ and dogs can go and get stuffed.

4 Likes

It all comes down to the price. He is still developing his game and is 3 years behind JoeDan. That would make him a more than handy long term prospect.

1 Like

You really think we are going to find something better with pick 30?

No, mate.
Just being a grammar nazi.

2 Likes

Well I would literally jumpā€¦ but Iā€™m highly excitable that way.

Kinda like a hip bump with a ghost, but maybe Iā€™d restrict myself to a happy chair dance and some over the lip teeth action!

1 Like

So a three-way where two clubs (at least publicly) donā€™t want to trade their player?

The whole thing with Schacheā€™s value reeks of a suitor getting into his ear about a move to them and the best way to do that is present yourself as a unwanted prospect by doing things like demonstrating poor body language and making the decision not to represent your club in a lower league grand final.

Thereā€™s a lot of noise about him being worth an early to mid second rounder. As a future prospect youā€™d probably say yes

images (1)

13 Likes

We need another pack busting dangerous tall contested marking fwd, or a another very solid tall defender who can play on monsters. We need one of these now. I am not against taking Schache but its going to be at least 12 months before he can resemble anything like Hooker. I am really hoping that Stewart comes on again next year, we need him as a key fwd, so Hooker can play back. Francis will be a gun but I donā€™t think he is tall enough to play on the KPF monsters. We need 2 Hookers.

Steady on

14 Likes

SEN talking about him now.

Interestingly they are saying he wants to move back to seymour and live with mum + step dad

Sounds like Tullamarine would be a perfect home

3 Likes

Nobody is really into him because he is fairly average and would be on 500k a year plus. Wouldnā€™t get a game for us.

Twin hookers evenā€¦

4 Likes

Money aside, might not be the worst situation for him. Sit behind Hooker in the pecking order for a couple of years, build up some consistent form in the VFL without having to be the great white hope. A competent full forward to keep a defender honest is really all we need alongside Joe.

I wouldnā€™t pay him 500k though, and donā€™t think Iā€™d pay the trade price I brisbane would probably want.

Theres no way hes on that coin. Brisbane would be rourting the cap if thats how much a 2nd year player whose done very little is getting payed

Love how according to jimmy bartel frangas not worth a first round pick but this dude is.