Josh Schache

How can this thread have 200 new posts in a day and a half? Is there anything credible that says we’re after him? I don’t understand

Did he say that? I generally fall asleep whenever he starts talking

I think you’re joshing!

It doesn’t? 200 posts ago was a week ago.

But then again Jim Bartels isn’t worth a pick, therefore he isn’t pick worthy really.

A decent haircut…maybe. Trim those side burns ffs. That’s his problem too busy whacking with his head!

If that is true (I take SEN with a grain of salt) I reckon he’s not ready for AFL and maybe never will be. I had also heard that football is not his number 1 priority. This would explain why interest has been waning across the board.

Unless we get Saad/Stringer done early this week, any other trades won’t happen.

1 Like

It does if I say it does

1 Like

Always remember where you are …

The signs all point to Schache being a Bomber in 2018.

His name starts with “S”.

1 Like

I dont care where he lands as long as its not Hawthorn.

1 Like

You will be pleased to hear then:

Hawthorn will do a deal this week for Luke Hodge to join the Brisbane Lions. The Hawk have an interest in key forward Josh Schache but have no draft picks or players to be able to get that deal done.

There is a possibility they could seek to add to the Hodge deal to try to get Schache to the club but no arrangement has been put to Brisbane about this.

For a second round pick he is an absolute no brainer. He would be the quintessential second round upside pick. We do need to add some developing talls to the list. If he is actually getable for that price (which is dubious) then yes please.

1 Like

Hawks have next years picks.

Wouldn’t be surprise to see them drop next years second on him.

Can say for certain that this is not the case. He’s absolutley not telling brisbane that he’s homesick. HE is very open to the idea of moving back home, of course. But he’s not bashing down the list manager’s door saying “trade me”
Can also say for certain that the Pies put $700k per year on the table for him before he re-signed with the bears. And he re-signed anyway.

Once he did re-sign, the pies apparently committed that salary cap space elsewhere.

I think that there’s a heck of a lot of cloak and dagger stuff swirling about him right now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info @nemir but it just makes things all the more confusing.

1 Like

700K? Makes a lot more sense why no one wants to go near him… that is a hefty price tag for a young man who has potential but proven little.

Boyd pretty much ruined the party on the whole ‘overpay the young forwards’ thing… surely?!!

1 Like

He’d get half that now I reckon. An article said his salary comes with a 3 in front…

He will end up at Fark Carlton.