Crowing about Justin

You can add the following to that list:
Fantasia
Zac Clarke
Mynott
Gown

■■■■ you lot are fickle.
As recently as April you were saying what an awesome job he’s been doing and now you want him gone!

9 Likes

No one said that. Only guzzlg said she had a good run with injuries, no one else said anything about him being awesome.

2 Likes

Not the best year for injuries, though it could be worse - Biggest issue is losing players from the one part of the ground being the forward line.

Not just injuries are of concern, the lack of running capacity is a major issue.

2 Likes

I certainly thought it was good that we had more or less the entire squad training for most of the pre-season and that we only had something like 2-3 players unavailable for selection for JLT1. Once the games started, however, players began dropping like flies.

It’s easy as someone who knows ■■■■ all about this stuff (i.e. me) to wonder if the reason we had so few injuries over preseason is that they weren’t doing enough work to be fit when the real stuff started. Is that even a thing? Is that how conditioning works? I don’t know. We’re certainly not at back half of 2012 levels of soft tissue injuries, so maybe it’s just bad luck.

2 Likes

Ahhh… so it’s ■■■■■■ @GuzzLG’s fault then :frowning:

Clearly.

BAN HIM/HER!!!

The Curse of GuzzleG!!!

Have a background in s&c… obviously not to the extent crow has but that can def happen. What is alarming to me is it’s the same guys as last year… Laverde, JD, Raz, Stewart, Smack. Are simply rehabilitating them to the point of return? Are we doing making them stronger more resilient athletes once they’re back? Only the guys on the inside can tell you and you can be sure they’d say yes. As for stringer and Shiel, you’d like to think with the resources we have we’d be screening all our athletes weekly which I would be gobsmacked if we werent. For example I know for a fact Geelong use basic blood pressure cuffs to screen players for hamstring and groin strength to get basic feedback on muscle strength.

Not saying Crow is doing a bad job just saying questions needs to be asked. I am still filthy about JD. Mainly because on the day we announce he is gone for the year we have our GM of football announcing they wouldn’t change anything and everything they did was aok. Well… how do you know mate? Have you reviewed everything that was done? Have you created a timeline of when he initially reported his injury to now? The fact the we played him 3 games in 11 days when he wasn’t right or the fact he played meaningless JLT matches when he could’ve had another month of training and play some vfl or the fact that we played him 3 games in 2 weeks again this year tells me we aren’t a club full of forward thinkers. Sheer arrogance and immunity this club has is bewildering.

8 Likes

I mentioned this last year(?) and had some peanut try and shoot me down.
I’d much rather an injury pushing at training than during a game because we’re under prepared.
It seems to have been an issue for ages (our general fitness levels).
This will then flow into injuries as the players are out there under fatigue for longer (which is generally accepted as a risk factor for injury).
Whether this is Crow’s domain or not I’m not 100% on, but I was under the impression that Turk looked after all that and it was Crow’s responsibly (primarily) to manage the injured guys to get them to the point where Turk took over again.
For the most part our handling of injured players has been pretty good (certainly on par with every other club) bar Daniher so Crow and the team get a tick there.
If the bucks stops with him for all our running/strength KPIs then I’m giving him a 3-4/10 there.

2 Likes

2 Likes

In any business, if you are not performing you are shown the door! The Bombers Medical, Fitness and Conditioning Department is a joke. Don’t believe me? Look at the last 2 years. The fitness department need to be sacked. Can’t have this level of break down. Absolutely decimated. The trouble I see with this “Club” at the moment - and I gather a lot of posters have seen at least 4 (I have seen or was at, 6) Premierships and in those decades - Essendon was a feared Team to play as win, lose of draw, you knew you were going to be sore days later.

No longer. We are as soft as marshmallows as our Board, Staff, Medico’s, Fitness, Playing Groups “wallow” in the squalor of the Hanger, poor Dears. Having Sheeds back for half a year would scare the ■■■■ out of these pansies. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Smith
Daniher
Gleeson
Shiel
Fantasia
Laverde
Begley
Stewart
Mutch
Stringer
Hooker
Redman
Brown
Ambrose
McKernan

All have had extended periods on the sidelines over the past couple of seasons. Disgrace.

1 Like

Oh and BTW, Poor Dears, our CORE BUSINESS is winning senior Premierships…not VFLW, Not E-Sports, Not Making Money, Not being inclusive and nice…FFS HARDEN THE **** UP!!

1. Another $100m down the drain. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
4 Likes

To me this was more frastrating than the injury itself. I get that players get injured, but to publicly state that we are sticking our heads in the ground and not reviewing what occured, because we believe we got everything right is just plain bad management. Even stating we will be undertaking a simple review of what occurred to try and avoid future instances would suffice. But no - its Essendon and we don’t like asking even mildly difficult questions, let alone tough ones.

3 Likes

Those 3 games in 11 days was unforgivable. We could all see he looked cooked by game 1.

4 Likes

i’m in a similar boat ( not knowing as much as others on this topic) but my issue, and take Daniher as an example cos it’s the easiest one to claim mismangement on.

He only started running early this year didn’t he ? or at worst very late last year.

The whole point of doing 3-4 months of pre season work is to build players up to stand the rigors of AFL footy.
So why was he even remotely considered for the JLT series ?
you can search back and find a few articles that state he wasn’t tracking as good as they’d hoped.

Ditto smith, he has a knee issue, and didn’t miss much if at all traning last year and look what happened.
this year interrupted preseason and isn’t allowed to get his whole body to the right level of fitness to maintain his knee issues, and goes down. some may argue hindsight blah blah, but watching the first few weeks he was coming off absolutely ■■■■■■ after 5 mins on the ground. there is no way he was remotely afl ready fit.

The issue i have with it all, from the outside it looks like the football department is dictating when players are to be rushed back in.
Again back to daniher and picking him to play for north. the plan was to ease him back on managed time in the vfl.
next minute rush him straight back into the afl side.

there’s something not right with that, i don’t know if it’s the sports guys not doing their job, or the coaches fearing giving anyone else a try other than their favourite perceived best 22 guys, but something is off in the way they bring back players too soon, they aren’t fit let alone match fit or even match ready.

1 Like

Thread needs more wild speculation.

10 Likes

You should htfu :rage::rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage::rage::rage::rage::japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

Smith is different.
The guy basically has no PCL and hasn’t for a few years so it was always on the cards that he’d spontaneously break down and need surgery. Could have been his first day at the club or it could’ve been in 10 years tine.