KB goes whack

We should bring back the biff while were at it

"Listen everyone! An old man is talking!"

Kevin: Be silent.

The coaches ruin the game more than the rules committee.

They (coaches) will introduce any tactic to get an advantage or increase their advantage.  They don't worry about the state of the 'game' or the impact their tactics have on the game in the broader sense. Their tactics have made it uglier. Their responsibility is to their win / loss ratio, not the broader game itself.

Look at Wallace and that flooding tactic.  Roos and his tactic of continual stoppages etc.  Incessant use of the interchange. Sheedy and his time wasting by holding up the opponent with the ball. Coaches instructing backmen to concede a point so they can reset or to waste time (eg Bowden against Ess).

The game now, at times, resembles rugby. 

It isn't the coaches job to look after the game, it is the coaches job to win a game of football any way he can (legally)

I'm kind of surprised SEN still employ him to be honest.

They (coaches) will introduce any tactic to get an advantage or increase their advantage.  They don't worry about the state of the 'game' or the impact their tactics have on the game in the broader sense. Their tactics have made it uglier. Their responsibility is to their win / loss ratio, not the broader game itself.
Look at Wallace and that flooding tactic.  Roos and his tactic of continual stoppages etc.  Incessant use of the interchange. Sheedy and his time wasting by holding up the opponent with the ball. Coaches instructing backmen to concede a point so they can reset or to waste time (eg Bowden against Ess).

That's what they're paid to do.
Win, within the bounds of the rules.

Wreaks of a bitter old man ■■■■■■ off cos he got the sack from the rules committee. Funny he never blasted the AFL commission before now ?

What you wake up today and suddenly dawned on you they know nothing ?

Still the same self indulgent wanker he was when playing, i'm suprised he didn't try and get handballing outlawed cos it didn't suit his ego.

The game doesn’t look crap because of the interchange.

It looks crap because you cannot be as physical as fifteen years ago let alone twenty five years ago.

It’s an athletes game. Partly due to interchange, but more so because there is very little advantage in being stronger than your opponent.

As far as other sports gaining ground…

He’s partially right. But A-League is not a threat because it cannot hold it’s stars in comparison to other professional clubs. Same deal with baseball and basketball.

If the AFL were serious…

They’d market the game a hell of a lot better internationally and get more growth and interest in the game outside of Australia. The only problem is, they have no idea how to hold an event (I.e. Meatloaf and crap entertainment at Grand Finals FFS!). Now that we have bye rounds, we should be looking to play games overseas and use the bye rounds as recovery. But do it properly. You need pregame entertainment, halftime entertainment and am ‘AFL Experience’ zone where you get ex-players out in the public promoting and teaching the game. Also, don’t send two ■■■■ teams (I.e. Melb v Brisbane in Shanghai). Send your best ones that best represent the AFL game and can put on a great contest (I.e. Geel v Haw).

They really need to look at how the US put together a regular season game of NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB, learn from it and implement some changes rather than use it as a junkit…

Well while KB has a point, the chipping the ball around has more to do with skill levels of the team and coaches instructions than the interchange rules. Hawks and now Bombers play possession football but because of kicking and positional skills move it forward to create scoring opportunities. Melbourne kick it around with much less precision, have many possessions but rarely move forward and lose the ball when pressure is applied.
I reckon you stop it all by manning up, but it doesn't get you goals or win games.

Wouldn't be footy without people going mental over tactics or rule changes in round 1-3.

As someone who plays at local level, I'm all for the trends in the game to change back to what they were and have positional plays. I would much rather sit in a forward pocket all day than chase around my man if we don't have the ball.
As a spectator, I love watching the 'rolling mauls' because you get the explosive breaks from them. If it wasn't for that brand of footy, Cyril Rioli, Lewis Jetta etc; wouldn't be so incredible to watch. 

Could never stand the senile old c#@t and I still can’t.

He honestly gets a quarter of an idea in his head and then runs around going to every media outlet saying what he is suggesting is gospel and that everyone should listen or else the whole league will implode and disappear into nothingness if something he is suggesting isn’t done.

Capping interchanges in the first place was a ■■■■■ idea.

Less interchanges leads to more knackered players running around on empty and if you reduce it anymore there will be a bunch of buggered players just laying down in the forward 50 like kids do in primary school.

I never liked the idea and I still don’t.

I don’t believe this “less interchanges means less stoppages” garbage as that is what I want to see for crying out loud! I want to see blokes crashing in to each other and going hard for the ball.

Even now you will see even more teams chipping it around because some blokes are knackered and want to catch their breath for a moment.

Honestly Bartlett just ■■■■ off back into the whole you came out from and stay there you senile old twit. You have never added anything useful or constructive to the game and you never will because you still want football to be played like the 1970’s.

The sooner idiots like you aren’t on the rules committee and the game is left alone, the better.

The git that keeps on giving. 

Listening to KB and his Cronies.

when-youre-listening-to-a-boring-lecture

The game is ever evolving and the rules commitee make knee jerk reactions when they see something they don’t like. If they just sat back and watched closely they will see that the coaches work out ways to work around issues without the need for ridiculous rule changes.

KB wants rule changes to force players to play the way he wants.

What a ■■■■.

The game doesn't look crap because of the interchange.
It looks crap because you cannot be as physical as fifteen years ago let alone twenty five years ago.
It's an athletes game. Partly due to interchange, but more so because there is very little advantage in being stronger than your opponent.
As far as other sports gaining ground...
He's partially right. But A-League is not a threat because it cannot hold it's stars in comparison to other professional clubs. Same deal with baseball and basketball.
If the AFL were serious...
They'd market the game a hell of a lot better internationally and get more growth and interest in the game outside of Australia. The only problem is, they have no idea how to hold an event (I.e. Meatloaf and crap entertainment at Grand Finals FFS!). Now that we have bye rounds, we should be looking to play games overseas and use the bye rounds as recovery. But do it properly. You need pregame entertainment, halftime entertainment and am 'AFL Experience' zone where you get ex-players out in the public promoting and teaching the game. Also, don't send two **** teams (I.e. Melb v Brisbane in Shanghai). Send your best ones that best represent the AFL game and can put on a great contest (I.e. Geel v Haw).
They really need to look at how the US put together a regular season game of NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB, learn from it and implement some changes rather than use it as a junkit...

Why do we need all the entertainment bs? I don't want AFL to end up like an American sport or an Asian sport like 20/20 cricket with mindless continual noise. Imagine the AFL started playing music every time a goal was kicked?

I've been to football games in Europe and it's nice. No entertainment, the crowd entertains themselves.

If the league thinks half time is too 'boring' maybe split all the breaks between quarters evenly and go from there.

It's an athletes game. Partly due to interchange, but more so because there is very little advantage in being stronger than your opponent.
He's partially right. But A-League is not a threat because it cannot hold it's stars in comparison to other professional clubs. Same deal with baseball and basketball.
They'd market the game a hell of a lot better internationally and get more growth and interest in the game outside of Australia. The only problem is, they have no idea how to hold an event (I.e. Meatloaf and crap entertainment at Grand Finals FFS!). Now that we have bye rounds, we should be looking to play games overseas and use the bye rounds as recovery. But do it properly. You need pregame entertainment, halftime entertainment and am 'AFL Experience' zone where you get ex-players out in the public promoting and teaching the game. Also, don't send two **** teams (I.e. Melb v Brisbane in Shanghai). Send your best ones that best represent the AFL game and can put on a great contest (I.e. Geel v Haw).
They really need to look at how the US put together a regular season game of NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB, learn from it and implement some changes rather than use it as a junkit...

Why do we need all the entertainment bs? I don't want AFL to end up like an American sport or an Asian sport like 20/20 cricket with mindless continual noise. Imagine the AFL started playing music every time a goal was kicked?
I've been to football games in Europe and it's nice. No entertainment, the crowd entertains themselves.
If the league thinks half time is too 'boring' maybe split all the breaks between quarters evenly and go from there.

Been to a game recently? There's noise right up to the bounce.
Where once we used to have the crowd fire up, they've got canned cheering preceded by ACDC. Before the GF they have a countdown clock and heartbeat sort if noise FFS.
THATS what's ruined the game,ark wrong people trying to add value

Been to a game recently? There's noise right up to the bounce.
Where once we used to have the crowd fire up, they've got canned cheering preceded by ACDC. Before the GF they have a countdown clock and heartbeat sort if noise FFS.
THATS what's ruined the game,ark wrong people trying to add value

Last time was 2 years ago to a bulldogs game. Corporate box though and the windows were closed...

Want to entertain Essendon fans? Loop this;

k1b8fID.gif

Oh fark off KB. Go back to the days when you were shafted by the club you loved so much.

Well that was an excellent bounce and clearance phase from geelong. The defense is lining up and waiting for the scoring line to make their way onto the field. And there's the punter warming up. we'll be back after the break with traditional 6 on 6  high marking and crumbing excitement of the forward fifty powerplay.

Just the rules to protect the fractured nostalgic images of KB's fading memory.

It isn't the coaches job to look after the game, it is the coaches job to win a game of football any way he can (legally)
But without pushing boundaries because that's a bad look.