Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

The scenario is actually would you rather two players that could be great or duds or one genuine superstar.

It’s like would your rather take two suitcases that could have $0-2 million in it or one suitcase that definitely has $1 million in it.

DEAL

1 Like

15 Likes

He loves us too much to subject us to his injury blight.

Reasonable analogy. You only take the second option if what you want to buy costs $1m. If it costs $3m, you basically have to take a chance on the suitcases. What some teams need is one superstar (and mostly can’t afford it because they have their own to pay), what lots of team think they need is one superstar. Buddy, not a flag. Judd, not a flag. Goddard, not a flag. Ablett, not a flag. Dangerfield, we’ll see.

4 Likes

Gimmie gimmie gimmie

This should be posted in every single trade / draft thread.

History says Hird has the Premiership

So does Mitch Morton.

3 Likes

& the Brownlow.

Norm Smith, multiple ANZAC day medals…

Didn’t have to pay for his own travel and accommodation

Josh Kelly elects to stay at GWS after sitting through North/St Kilda .

GWS star Josh Kelly has elected to remain at the Giants in 2018, according to sources close to the club.

Kelly made the decision about ten minutes into North Melbourne’s clash with St Kilda on Friday night.

According to sources in his management, the low-scoring clash was reportedly seen as a sales pitch, which swiftly fell on its ■■■■ due to the generally awful standard of football.

It is a big blow to both clubs, who have both chased the 22-year-old extremely hard this year.
A GWS club source confirmed the news.

“Kelly called up his manager pretty quick on Friday night while watching that game,” they said.
“He could barely sit through ten minutes, let alone nine years.”

Both clubs are reportedly disappointed at Kelly’s decision, with the two sides desperate for the slightest semblance of quality.

SportsAfl

18 Likes

Josh Kelly elects to stay at GWS after sitting through North/St Kilda
GWS star Josh Kelly has elected to remain at the Giants in 2018, according to sources close to the club.

Kelly made the decision about ten minutes into North Melbourne’s clash with St Kilda on Friday night.

According to sources in his management, the low-scoring, low drawing clash was reportedly seen as a sales pitch, which swiftly fell on its ■■■■ due to the generally awful standard of football.

A low drawing crowd also played a massive part with Kelly reportedly saying “I’m pretty sure GWS draw more than these minow clubs”

It is a big blow to both clubs, who have both chased the 22-year-old extremely hard this year.
A GWS club source confirmed the news.
“Kelly called up his manager pretty quick on Friday night while watching that game,” they said.
“He could barely sit through ten minutes, let alone nine years.” He was said to be bitterly disappointed that he was only able to attract these flailing clubs and not the powerhouse Essendon, which is where he really wanted to land.

Both clubs are reportedly disappointed at Kelly’s decision, with the two side now tipped to turn their attention to Richmond’s Dustin Martin with Norf intending to pitch a 1 Million a year 14 year offer for the star. Apparently there’s a War Chest down at Arden St.
St Kilda intend on attacking the draft with both theirs and Hawthorns first pick in a concerted effort to pick up more 2nd rate talent.

SportsAfl

1 Like

Lol

How the hell does North make a play at Kelly?
‘Oh yes, we’re a great young team on the rise here at North.
We’ve got Waite who is usually good for one game in four. Well, three quarters of one game in four…or five.
We’ve got Swallow who we’ve dropped twice this year. Still though, he’s only 30. that’s younger than Gibson and Thompson.
Oh, we’ve got Lindsay…uh…never mind…
Goldstein! Remember when he was good? Well, he was!
Um…who else have we got…there’s Lachie Hansen…we’re still not sure if he’s best 22 though, he’s only 28 so we don’t want to rush things.
Alright, look, the only decent players we have are recruits so our plan is just to recruit everybody.
Yes, you’ll be carrying the midfield for likely no reward but hey, look what it did for Judd!’

9 Likes

He becomes set for life financially and his old man is a kangaroos old boy.

I think regardless of how north are travelling that’s a reasonable play to be honest. Especially if he collects a flag at GWS this year.

Kelly at North is the next best thing to us having him ourselves because they spud it up on other lines. Gws in full flight are near on impossible to knock over or will be.

1 Like

If I were him, I would squeeze the most out of another 2 year deal with GWS, maximising chances of a flag. Then I would reconsider my options at the start of my prime, and sign a golden contract taking me to age 35.

10 Likes

For the competitions sake I hope Kelly leaves. If he goes to North or Carlton then that’s a bonus.
If we seriously think we can sneak a flag in the next few years, then we need GWS to lose as many top quality players as possible and to continue having injuries just to be a chance against them.

I think I heard somewhere recently Robert Shaw had a chat to Kelly because he coached him at school level (just like McGrath) and see’s him as a mentor… Could work in our favor…