Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Imagine if all this Monopoly money was real…

1 Like

BRING

Finally we can go back to having zero recognised rucks!

2 Likes

Between 1 and 100% would be my guess

I’m not sure they’ll be enough room in the salary cap once we’ve made our offer to McVeigh.

3 Likes

More than he wanted last week.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s necessarily about winning games - if he came to us it announces that we are once again a destination club and the saga is behind us.

HIM

OUT

1 Like

Post reported

3 Likes

Probably moves us from a 7th to 10th side up to a 4th to 7th side.

That would then be the catalyst that gets us the additional players we want/need that get us our next flag (and hopefully multiple flags).

If we can can get that 1 major domino to fall (big name player in their prime to join us) we will be back in the flag conversation, no question.

But that 1 domino has proved impossible for us to knock over for a very, very long time.

1 Like

We also have a couple of domino’s waiting in the wings

Francis should become that final domino
Langford has the potential
Laverde should have a breakout season

My money is on Francis to become our next bull

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/essendon/essendon-emerges-as-late-contender-for-giants-playmaker-josh-kelly/news-story/c3c7a05d0ff99571c7460d3fa468b760

7 Likes

blitz 101, post articles that are paywalled.

4 Likes

ESSENDON has emerged as a strong late contender for the signature of Josh Kelly.

The Bombers join Carlton, North Melbourne and St Kilda in chasing Kelly, who is yet to decide if he we will stay at Greater Western Sydney or return home to Victoria.

Rivals may swoop on big Pie Cox

Kangas’ $2m Dusty war chest

It was reported the Kangaroos were no longer considered a strong contender for the gun midfielder and are making a massive play for Richmond’s Dustin Martin.

Asked about the club’s interest in Kelly, Bombers chief executive Xavier Campbell said: “We are not going to comment specifically on our list strategy. Like any club we want to improve our list, and we feel we are in a position to be active this post-season.’’

Another source close to Kelly said: “Essendon is in the mix.’’

The strong speculation is Kelly, 22, is likely to reject the massive multimillion-dollar offers from rival clubs and sign a two-year deal with the Giants.

The Bombers have not tabled an official offer for Kelly, but have made their interest known to Kelly’s manager Paul Connors.

The market will demand at least five years and $1 million-plus per year offer from the Bombers.

The Kangaroos had tabled a nine-year, $10 million offer and there is speculation an alternative offer of $7.5 million over five years would be available.

Kelly’s manager Paul Connors, who will appear on the Open Mike program tonight on Fox Footy, would not confirm or deny the money on offer for Kelly.

“I don’t really want to talk about the figures, but I haven’t been on the record denying anything,’’ he told Fox Footy.

“I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I’m not saying it’s right.

“There’s big offers for a young man just starting the game out entering his fourth year.’’

Connors said he was an advocate of players being a one-club player.

Josh Kelly in red and black? We reckon Bombers fans thinks he looks good.
“I am. Most people are, but I was even speaking to another player who was trying to ring me to convince me to get Josh Kelly to his club, and then he was on the other hand saying ‘but if I was really telling him I’d be telling him to stay because premierships mean more to me now than they ever have’.

“That’s the dilemma these boys have.

“What would Nathan Buckley think? I know he didn’t go for as big money, but he went to Collingwood and then Brisbane go and win three flags.

“So maybe he couldn’t forecast that, but I think Greater Western Sydney has got a pretty good list and have a good future.

“I’m obsessed with my players winning premierships.’’

Connors said Kelly had to decide between financial security and the romance of perhaps winning premierships at the Giants in the short-term.

“Josh will make the decision and he’s got all the information,’’ Connors said.

“The great thing is, with how mature he is, his form has gone up since. It’s just gone through the roof. He’s totally dedicated and he’s got a finals series ahead of him right now.

“That’s his one goal. I can tell all Giants fans that it’s his only, only goal to win a flag for them.’’

With the trade period starting in October, Connors has assured his star client a decision wasn’t required immediately.

“You’ve got time. Concentrate on the year at hand and when you’re in a better position to reflect on things, take your time.’’

The Bombers hope their world-class facilities, playing in blockbusters and the rebirth of the club would convince Kelly to join them.

Giants coach Leon Cameron said at the weekend, after Kelly was best afield against West Coast, that Kelly wanted to stay at the Giants.

4 Likes

Oh boy, this will be Caddyfest x 1000!

4 Likes

itshappening.gif

Connors is such a flog

10 Likes

Accidentally Kelly Street.

2 Likes