Kick out Strategy

I dont think we have a kick out strategy. more often than not the long bombs always go to 50/50s. There should be a strategy in place where we have our big men run to predetermined spots so atleast they are there to compete. There's a lot more to it than that, but at least get the basics right.
Just happens that those long, to a contest kick-outs end up with our ruckman under it about 90% of the time.

I think we need to work other options into the mix more often. We don’t have many dangerous turnovers from the kickouts (other than the muff-ups), but we rarely get a clean break. But banging long to the big bloke is a pretty reasonable 2nd option.

I haven’t seen our Ruckman mark a ball from a kick out once this year. Maybe its happened but I haven’t noticed. There have been plenty where the opposition big men have marked it. But i’m not talking just about getting a ruckman under the ball, we need to start hitting free players who aren’t in the back pocket.

Is it just me, or is staying in the goalsquare after the kickout a bit risky? <>

I dont think we have a kick out strategy. more often than not the long bombs always go to 50/50s. There should be a strategy in place where we have our big men run to predetermined spots so atleast they are there to compete. There's a lot more to it than that, but at least get the basics right.
Just happens that those long, to a contest kick-outs end up with our ruckman under it about 90% of the time.

I think we need to work other options into the mix more often. We don’t have many dangerous turnovers from the kickouts (other than the muff-ups), but we rarely get a clean break. But banging long to the big bloke is a pretty reasonable 2nd option.

Eternally frustrating. The worst is when they give up on the short option and every player drifts over to one half back flank and they just bomb it in. By the time Hurls/Fletch kicks the ball the entire backline (and the opposition’s entire forward line) is just sort of hanging around waiting for the bomb. Here’s a thought, employ a signal every now and again which means “I’m going to pretend to kick it to the members’ wing but at the last minute I’m going to swing it over to the outer wing” and have three of our quickest players double back and break for the outer wing. We never try a smart set play like that - why the lack of imagination? You’d only do it twice in a game but that’s enough to break things up.

meh I just put a 50 on our kickouts sucking and if they’re good I’m happy.

I noticed North had a very different strategy.

When the kicker go the footy they all just bolted to offensive positions up the ground, so suddenly there was no mass of players anywhere and plenty of options. It lead to us chasing tail all night on lockouts. There was very little kick it long to a tall, and if the did it was because Goldstein was almost one out. The team essentially preempted the kicks succes and bolted to the position of the next kick on. I thought it was very good.

Eternally frustrating. The worst is when they give up on the short option and every player drifts over to one half back flank and they just bomb it in. By the time Hurls/Fletch kicks the ball the entire backline (and the opposition’s entire forward line) is just sort of hanging around waiting for the bomb. Here’s a thought, employ a signal every now and again which means “I’m going to pretend to kick it to the members’ wing but at the last minute I’m going to swing it over to the outer wing” and have three of our quickest players double back and break for the outer wing. We never try a smart set play like that - why the lack of imagination? You’d only do it twice in a game but that’s enough to break things up.

Put an extra 50 on for me FS, I don’t care what the odds are.

How about a different "Creating New Threads" strategy?

Did I cross the line?

Put an extra 50 on for me FS, I don’t care what the odds are.

oooh I bet your fifty on malthouse seeing out the year. To ease the pain kind of thing. sorry. I think we’re both happy with the result.
Should try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWSdpFANS-4

Why would we do that? Makes too much sense and we need it down our back half as much as possible

Fletcher must do it cause he still is the best kick from the goal square.

I don’t mind Hurley doing it either but no one else.

leave it to the expert Fletch, to roost it to the centre square, never gets it wrong

BJ Goddard taking kickouts LOL

Any chance you could just ■■■■ off

No wonder you have the most banned accounts in Blitz history.

Crowd reaction when he didn’t take the kick himself:

Imagine if Fletch did that; there’d be tens of thousands suffering deafness afterwards.

is he Whats at Stake?

seems like he has the footy understanding to slag off hirdy for a season for ruining neagles career by signing him for one more year.