Kristian Jaksch

If he doesn't want to talk to us, why are we bothering?

So Carlton have to pay more than they'd like to. Giving GWS some leverage. In return for some leverage over a Paddy Ryder trade with Port - but have GWS pushing Power to give more.

Most in the know would probably have had Jaksch going a little lower (around the 20) mark than what he did (early teens). He hasn't really found his niche in the league yet (Forward vs. Back) - I'm for the opinion that whenever you can get a KPP you go for it, because good ones are very rare and they're pivotal to a flag push, eitherway I don't care if we get him or not.

Why are players so sensitive about the current situation? Our players have managed to play finals, Goddard and Chappy have not dropped off drastically. How ■■■■ weak are they?

This time last year it was plausible to tell them that the saga was over. 

I'd probably be wary of joining us too.

They logged onto blitz and saw bltns taste in women.

So we’re trying to “muscle in”

They logged onto blitz and saw bltns taste in women.

Is that Sam Lane?

Desperation.

Jakschy.

Not interested in a guy with a "refusing to talk to Essendon" attitude.

Your'e an AFL footballer, and lucky to be at that. When do players, particularly a young unproven player have choices as to who they do and don't want to play with. At 18 you just want to be drafted...now you have the right to choose?? Don't want.

Your'e an AFL footballer, and lucky to be at that. When do players, particularly a young unproven player have choices as to who they do and don't want to play with. At 18 you just want to be drafted...now you have the right to choose?? Don't want.

Attitude? How would you feel if a player who announced Essendon as their club of choice then decided to field offers early in trade week just because the club wasn't finding it easy to secure the deal?

There is nothing arrogant about that. We came into this a bit late. Carlton had been trying to get him for some time.

He's a kid. He's easily influenced. His parents, his manager, the headlines he reads in the paper will all impact on him. Put him in a room with Hirdy I reckon he'd change his tune. Can't blame the kid too much.

welcome to hawthorn, Kristian Jaksch.

It's the Pepe Le Pew style trade negotiations.

Surely if we just offer more money, that would get his interest?

People are using the wording of an article in the media to make judgements on a person’s character? Laughable.

Attitude? How would you feel if a player who announced Essendon as their club of choice then decided to field offers early in trade week just because the club wasn't finding it easy to secure the deal?

There is nothing arrogant about that. We came into this a bit late. Carlton had been trying to get him for some time.

So this never happens??? I'm simply stating...if a young, unproven AFL player wants out of GWS because he hasn't cut the mustard, he shouldn't be burning bridges with other clubs "because Carlton were interested first". Simple IMO

Ummm, yeah.  That's exactly what he has...

I see his point, I think it's really ■■■■ when 2nd year players want out. Hated when the Hawks poached Gunston (I am reliably informed on here they're paying him apparently 7 mexican pesos per fortnight... rolleyes.gif), and I hate this too.

Bad news for the game IMHO.

What's the point of clubs drafting blokes if they're going to walk out after 2 years?

6-8-10 year players are different, there's been some return for the club, they have effectively earnt the right to choose.

I see his point, I think it's really **** when 2nd year players want out. Hated when the Hawks poached Gunston (I am reliably informed on here they're paying him apparently 7 mexican pesos per fortnight... rolleyes.gif), and I hate this too.

Bad news for the game IMHO.

What's the point of clubs drafting blokes if they're going to walk out after 2 years?

6-8-10 year players are different, there's been some return for the club, they have effectively earnt the right to choose.

^^ 

Absolutely spot on.

Jaksch - It!

Maybe it’s his manager refusing to talk to us, not the player himself. Wonder if he’s mates with either of the two we got from GWS last year?