Kurt Aylett #43

Much ado about nothing - Will probably get a LTI early in the year or we have an automatic upgrade in round 11 - You will play AFL if your form is good enough.

Except the LTI will be a tall....
This is Essendon after all...

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list
Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Lucky your not the coach then hey.
I reckon the club might just have a little bit more of a clue than you.
What's your reasoning exactly? "Just coz"
Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.
691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
So many negative nacys on this site.
Club just can not do anything right according to some.
I thought being a supporter meant supporting.
Did you actually read my post?
Theres nothing negative in it! Not even slightly
All i said is that MY PERSONAL choice would have been to drop a different player to the rookie list:
Browne - perenially injured
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip
Why is that you always would do something different to what the club does?
Nacy
FYI
Dalgleish perennial? Only promoted last year.

it doesnt matter if you are put on the rookie list. it only matters if you are good enough to get off the rookie list...see Ambrose, Baguley, Hibberd, Hocking, Crameri, Howlett, Andrew Lovett,Nathan lovett- Murray, Damien Peverill, Posdisadly, Dean Rioli, Mark Johnson.

its amazing to think the only players left from the EFC 2000 list is Podsiadly and fletcher.

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list
Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.
691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
All i said is that MY PERSONAL choice would have been to drop a different player to the rookie list:
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip
Nacy
"Always"? You've gotten that from a single post?
I like kurt aylett as a player i have him ahead of a group of other players, i would have done exactly what the club did it was the best/only way to open a list spot i simply would have done it with another player
Have you ever had a favorite player who wasn't the club captain and highest paid player on the list? Does that mean you werent supporting the club? Or simply preffered one player over others?

691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip
Nacy
"Always"? You've gotten that from a single post?
I like kurt aylett as a player i have him ahead of a group of other players, i would have done exactly what the club did it was the best/only way to open a list spot i simply would have done it with another player
Have you ever had a favorite player who wasn't the club captain and highest paid player on the list? Does that mean you werent supporting the club? Or simply preffered one player over others?
Yep your right.

691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip
Nacy

God forbid he has a opinion. Nothing he said was negative, or outlandish. if you cant handle other opinions maybe a forum isn't the place for you. Stop being a ■■■■

Yep, Gapstead Bombers was the one who has acted pretty weirdly here. All Kanech did was say he’d have selected a different player to have moved to the rookie list. Given I’d have done it with Pears, I agree with him.

Yep, Gapstead Bombers was the one who has acted pretty weirdly here. All Kanech did was say he'd have selected a different player to have moved to the rookie list. Given I'd have done it with Pears, I agree with him.

My apologies to Kanech.
Looking back my outburst was not necessary towards his post.
It was an outburst as a result of frustration towards the constant bicker towards decisions the club makes. Seems like I'm constantly reading posts as to how the club should have done something different rather than backing the decisions the club makes.
I guess this is the point of a forum and we all have our opinions. My mistake.

[quote name=“Gapsted Bombers” post=“398128” timestamp=“1415173401”]

[quote name=“Ants” post=“397769” timestamp=“1415104151”]

Yep, Gapstead Bombers was the one who has acted pretty weirdly here. All Kanech did was say he’d have selected a different player to have moved to the rookie list. Given I’d have done it with Pears, I agree with him.[/quote.

My apologies to Kanech.

Looking back my outburst was not necessary towards his post.

It was an outburst as a result of frustration towards the constant bicker towards decisions the club makes. Seems like I’m constantly reading posts as to how we the club should have done something didferent. I guess this is the point of a forum and we all have our opinions.[/quote]

This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular.

All posters should understand that some people, with with zero to a loose connection to a brothers aunties neighbours dog that knows a player, will ALWAYS know more than the club in the following circumstances:

• the actual best 22
  • who the sub is
  • who to recruit
  • who to delist
  • who is a better back/forward, Michael or Jake C
  • who responds better to a whip, Brent or Jake M

We all have opinions, and if we didn’t this forum would have a lot less to talk about. Obviously in some cases people get carried away believing they know better than the club, but that’s life. And in some circumstances, either due to luck, better knowledge, or whining enough that something must be right, a poster is correct and knows better than the club. :slight_smile:

That was very kurteous of the club to do that!

I'm team Kurt! Because Kurt lives with Benny. Benny introduced Kurt to paddyl90 and paddyl90 likes Benny. And Kurt was nice to paddyl90 at Crichton. Therefore paddyl90 likes Kurt. 

That was very kurteous of the club to do that!

I'm team Kurt! Because Kurt lives with Benny. Benny introduced Kurt to paddyl90 and paddyl90 likes Benny. And Kurt was nice to paddyl90 at Crichton. Therefore paddyl90 likes Kurt. 

Don't think you should Kurtail your enthusiasm either pads.

Not on our permission to train list according to the AFL. A lot of other clubs have there delisted players who they plan on rookieing on the list. Is it because he is contracted? Or do we just like leaving ourselves open for fines?

Under competition rules clubs must notify the AFL when unlisted players train with them, so if he is still currently on our main list then it wouldn't apply. Have we delisted him to move him onto the rookie list yet?

Yes, we’ve delisted him. But it is known the permission to train list that is published is often lagging the actual permission list.

Yes, we've delisted him. But it is known the permission to train list that is published is often lagging the actual permission list.

Makes it easier to fine clubs Essendon that way.

Welcome back, officially.

Love the kid and his endeavour. Best of luck to Kurt in 2015.

Reminds me of Sam Lonergan...cannot fault his attack at the ball or the man, simply does not get to enough contests or win enough ball to make it as an AFL midfielder.

Hopefully he can turn that around, but I won't be holding my breath.

Who?

Reminds me of Sam Lonergan...cannot fault his attack at the ball or the man, simply does not get to enough contests or win enough ball to make it as an AFL midfielder.
Hopefully he can turn that around, but I won't be holding my breath.

Except Aylett had a tank, and a genuine defensive side to his game, the two things that Lonergan lacked.
I still think he was very, very stiff to be rookied, considering some of the dead weight on the main list.