Kurt Aylett #43

aylett has a good tank, has improved this, is determined and lays plenty of tackles, his defensive side of game is good, needs  to work on his offensive side of game and getting more involved

Best tackler on the list, is a good size for a midfielder and can run all day. Screams tagger to me, and we need to develop another run with player.

Builds ginger bread houses for fun.

Delist

Best tackler on the list, is a good size for a midfielder and can run all day. Screams tagger to me, and we need to develop another run with player.

Biggest or best?

Is there a limit to how many bandwagons I can be on at once?  I've been on Laverde and Langford's since the start, went from thinking McKernan was a spud to a genius in an hour or so, now I'm feeling a strong desire to jump on Aylett's as well.

Second-best tackling option available at this draft.

Poor tippa.

Biggest or best?

I'll leave it to you to judge who's got the biggest tackle.

Is there a limit to how many bandwagons I can be on at once?  I've been on Laverde and Langford's since the start, went from thinking McKernan was a spud to a genius in an hour or so, now I'm feeling a strong desire to jump on Aylett's as well.

Lol. Gotta respect the honesty.

Welcome back, officially.

Love the kid and his endeavour. Best of luck to Kurt in 2015.

Reminds me of Sam Lonergan...cannot fault his attack at the ball or the man, simply does not get to enough contests or win enough ball to make it as an AFL midfielder.

Hopefully he can turn that around, but I won't be holding my breath.

What are you basing this on?

ben howlett says hi
Hes a tackling machine just infront of aylett

Shhhh, be vewwy vewwy qwiet, if you move your ear towards the screen and listen very carefully you will hear Kurt gently whispering… “But wait, there’s more!”.

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list
Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Lucky your not the coach then hey.
I reckon the club might just have a little bit more of a clue than you.
What's your reasoning exactly? "Just coz"
Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.

are people still using this reasoning after our last 10 years, let alone 2 ??????

we've had a coaching panel and board who were past it, and focussing on the wrong things, that we were driven into the ground both on and off the field.

Sheedy was moved on 3 years at a minimum too late, and replaced with a guy who lasted 3 years after getting an extension into yr 2 based on 10 and a half wins (albeit a finals birth for that year), who we had to payout said contract.

We then get a 2 time premiership coach telling us our facilities are the worst in the ■■■■■■■ comp, fast forward to the ■■■■ heap the last 2 years has been.

And you serious want to ■■■■■■■ run with, the club has "more of a clue" ?

The club, the people involved with it are not infallable, and again if you haven't learnt esp in the last 2 years that every decision they make isn't always a good one, you shoulnd't be judging others ability on how they do or don't interpret things involved with the club.

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list
Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.
are people still using this reasoning after our last 10 years, let alone 2 ??????
we've had a coaching panel and board who were past it, and focussing on the wrong things, that we were driven into the ground both on and off the field.
Sheedy was moved on 3 years at a minimum too late, and replaced with a guy who lasted 3 years after getting an extension into yr 2 based on 10 and a half wins (albeit a finals birth for that year), who we had to payout said contract.
We then get a 2 time premiership coach telling us our facilities are the worst in the ******* comp, fast forward to the **** heap the last 2 years has been.
And you serious want to ******* run with, the club has "more of a clue" ?
The club, the people involved with it are not infallable, and again if you haven't learnt esp in the last 2 years that every decision they make isn't always a good one, you shoulnd't be judging others ability on how they do or don't interpret things involved with the club.

Lol glass half FARKING smashed and empty?

We then get a 2 time premiership coach telling us our facilities are the worst in the ******* comp, fast forward to the **** heap the last 2 years has been.
And you serious want to ******* run with, the club has "more of a clue" ?

Are you for real?
If it's so bad and they have made such a mess of it, why do you still follow the club? I assume you still do reading this forum.

I think the financial side and the support for the football department was a mess for a good chunk of the 00's. Does that mean I should stop following the team I love to?

I think the financial side and the support for the football department was a mess for a good chunk of the 00's. Does that mean I should stop following the team I love to?

No not at all.
But why ■■■■■ and moan about it.
I would just support the club that I love and trust the people that are at the club to make the right decisions to turn it around.
My point is yes some mistakes are made but those people at the club know more than any of us keyboard warriors. Being a supporter means you support decisions they are making.
I don't go round bagging decisions made by the club to my Collingwoo mates I actually stick up for those decisions don't see why it should be different amongst our own.
After all I suppourt the club with a RED sash not the YELLOW one.

Best tackler on the list, 

interest32814.jpg

Reminds me of Sam Lonergan...cannot fault his attack at the ball or the man, simply does not get to enough contests or win enough ball to make it as an AFL midfielder.

Except Aylett had a tank, and a genuine defensive side to his game, the two things that Lonergan lacked.
I still think he was very, very stiff to be rookied, considering some of the dead weight on the main list.

Lonergan was a 1st quarter Brownlow medallist just like Jay Neagle was a 1st quarter Coleman medallist.

Every game, Lonergan would have 8 touches 3 clearances to quarter time, Jay would have 2 straight on the board.

Lonergan would finish with 12 touches 4 clearances, Jay 2 goals 1.

"They can easily improve their tank... can't teach natural football ability!!"

Good times.

Except Aylett had a tank, and a genuine defensive side to his game, the two things that Lonergan lacked.
I still think he was very, very stiff to be rookied, considering some of the dead weight on the main list.
Lonergan was a 1st quarter Brownlow medallist just like Jay Neagle was a 1st quarter Coleman medallist.
Every game, Lonergan would have 8 touches 3 clearances to quarter time, Jay would have 2 straight on the board.
Lonergan would finish with 12 touches 4 clearances, Jay 2 goals 1.
"They can easily improve their tank... can't teach natural football ability!!"
Good times.

Pretty sure Aylett had some very big possession games in VFL..
Not sure, VFL watchers can confirm or not...
But yeah, dunno if these posts are right about him

Is the Aylett without a tank, a different one to the guy that has been smashing the time trials?