Kurt Aylett #43

Like I said, The 26th best young cricketer, District pays ok IIRC, &. their are a lot of state contracts.

yeh but what do you mean by young? 18-23...
The fair comparison is 26th best 18yo... and the 26th best 18yo cricketer is probably working at rebel sport... don't know what insight Darren berry's previous contract will provide you for their wages

Pretty tough on him I reckon. Was good last year. Copped the downgrade because he was unappealing to other teams. Got injured in the pre season. Came back and was good at VFL level, then copped a “standard” hamstring that cost him about 7 weeks, and hence the season. He was always likely to be gone, but I quite liked him as a reliable role player.

And pretty much no one has been as happy about an Essendon win as Kurt was in that first win he played in.

Good luck

I remember the good ol’ days when Edwards was Steak Knives.

Two posts in here since December last year probably says it all.

Fare thee well Steak Knives. Best wishes for your future.

I’ll never forget his double fist pump celebration when we won against the Lions last year.
All the best for your future Kurt.

1 Like

Was that Kurt’s only senior win? If so, it’s just as well he celebrated it 100%!

Actually that’s pretty sad. He loved that win.

Best of luck.

He’s back!

5 Likes

Welcome back Kurt.

What I picked up from that article is that he must have thought himself a bit unlucky to be delisted after 2015 - would have been a chance to add a couple more games to his senior tally 2016.

1 Like

Return of the steak knives!

This can only mean one thing…