Kurt Aylett #43

Yeah, after howlett just had his best game for the year. Good logic

BRING HIM IN

Not ready in my view Benny.
Shaun Edwards is a better option, very classy and will develop quickly.
Edwards doesn't look like it yet to me. All flash, no cash at the moment.
There are a few ahead of him at this stage.

Agree

BRING HIM IN

Agree

Agree as well. Edwards a fair way off. Has some class, but not the strength or experience yet to be exposed at the higher level. Aylett looks a lot closer in pretty much every facet.

Edwards looks to need more time to develop his form and contribute more meaningfully throughout the game.

Aylett is solid and consistent in each match I have seen. Not suggesting he will come in next week but seems to be progressing well. GWS must have seen something in him to use one of their priority picks on him but injury to his knee killed off his first year or two.

Needs more how many touches Aylett

Needs more how many touches Aylett

Thank good his name isn't Harris.

BRING HIM IN

Flash Edwards, I like it !

Lets not sugar coat things re edwards, he makes leroy look like the king of hard ball gets!

Disposal very nice (mostly) good speed, good vision but you dont see him putting his head over it very often at all! Hopefully this comes with developement and confidence

Aylett well ahead at this stage

There’s a couple of other kids ahead of Aylett and Edwards for next Saturday. Goddard shows promise and I reckon young Davey Myers deserves a call up.

There's a couple of other kids ahead of Aylett and Edwards for next Saturday. Goddard shows promise and I reckon young Davey Myers deserves a call up.

Myers won't be playing according to BJ on radio this morning.

BRING HIM IN

Serious? I hate to say this about an Essendon player, but if he wants to play AFL, he needs to improve his attack on the ball markedly.

Bit of the Brad Eberts about him if I had to pick a current day player for comparison. Good size, Can run, not slow, not afraid, attacks the ball hard, looks slightly awkward but is nevertheless effective.

yep, thats pretty spot on, he is harder at it than he looks. Not flashy in any particular area, just decent in most.

Sooooo vanilla faced panic merchant?

SteakKnives1.jpg

So who is the steak knives now?

Sounds like this could have been a great trade by DODORO.

#standbydodoro

I want him to debut against Adelaide and pull 28 possies 6 clearances and 14 tackles. Kicking the winning goal wouldn’t go astray. And as he is walking off ask Sanderson if he has a spot on the list for him now.

BRING HIM IN

say whatttt..
admittedly, i've only seen two games on the abc, but i just don't get the hype around edwards. looks timid, fluffed a fair few possessions, didn't look composed. i'm sure he'll come good, but i just don't see this amazing talent that a lot of people bang on about. to me, aylett looked well up with the pace,

From your post would you say that Edwards plays similar to...:.. Say..... Jetta?

SteakKnives1.jpg

What's a pic of Edwards doing in the Aylett thread?

BRING HIM IN

say whatttt..
admittedly, i've only seen two games on the abc, but i just don't get the hype around edwards. looks timid, fluffed a fair few possessions, didn't look composed. i'm sure he'll come good, but i just don't see this amazing talent that a lot of people bang on about. to me, aylett looked well up with the pace,

From your post would you say that Edwards plays similar to...:.. Say..... Jetta?

Actually Edwards plays a lot like Dempsey, and reminds me a lot of Dempsey when he first came to the club. I remember a lot of blitzers calling for Dempsey to be sacked as he was gutless and terrible in the air just a couple of years ago.

Edwards has good speed, that he is prepared to use both ways, great vision, and those calling him soft are off the mark. THe people I speak to say that he just needs some continuity in his footy and a bit of confidence to help him believe he belongs at the top level.

Edwards, Dempsey and Hibberd rebounding off half back would be a huge boost for this footy club.

BRING HIM IN

say whatttt..

Actually Edwards plays a lot like Dempsey, and reminds me a lot of Dempsey when he first came to the club. I remember a lot of blitzers calling for Dempsey to be sacked as he was gutless and terrible in the air just a couple of years ago.

Edwards has good speed, that he is prepared to use both ways, great vision, and those calling him soft are off the mark. THe people I speak to say that he just needs some continuity in his footy and a bit of confidence to help him believe he belongs at the top level.

Edwards, Dempsey and Hibberd rebounding off half back would be a huge boost for this footy club.

Edwards certainly has some x factor about him thats for sure saw him in the VFL and got a glimpse of what the club is trying to get out of him.

Aylett looks very solid.