Kurt Aylett #43

Thinking this boy will get a game this week

All I'll say is I Remember a time when supposed hard nosed gun in T Hislop started in the twos ad people were calling for his inclusion to save the world.
Not comparing the two players just the hype is reminding me of that

Until Aylett gets into a knife fight with Thai fighting monkeys, I think the Hislop comparison is grossly inappropriate.

And gets a shoddy lobotomy from said monkeys..

What roll would he play if he played in the 1s? Sounds like he is an outside onballer but Gleeson and/or Jerrett would need to make way. Can he play another position also?

Most players cut their teeth on a forward or back flank and play a bit in the middle from time to time. I can't see him coming in straight up and claiming a onball position.

Gleeson may get a rest soon so he could be a chance but I don't see Jerrett going anywhere.

Come on Bomber, name him this week to play.

You’re not KAV

You're not LEROY

Side note: I'm past bandwagon ing and moving into sympathy. Aylett is the latest 'bit of VFL form so he's our AFL saviour' victim.

BEACHCOMBER is the saviour

He's no Aisle.

[b]All I'll say is I Remember a time when supposed hard nosed gun in T Hislop started in the twos ad people were calling for his inclusion to save the world.[/b]
Not comparing the two players just the hype is reminding me of that

Difficult recollection of his early days to me then, I seem to recall a few of the VFL regulars thought he was a f-ing moron because he kept taking thumping guys off the ball and getting himself suspended every 2nd week.

He is seriously the type of player a few blitzers will take to the bank, good, solid, runs hard, goes when it's his turn, bit of pace, something very Gary Foulds about him. Not the type to win a game off his own boot, but will never cost you one either.

There's a blast from the past. Gary Foulds! Seriously underrated player. Great servant to the club, as versatile as they get and as reliable as they come. Good hoof on him too. If be happy if Aylett turns out half as good.

As it happens, Adam White has given Kurt a nod on twitter today.

Could be nothing more than a coincidence, but White watches a lot of footy and often seems to have good info (even though he's anything but a braggard about it, unlike many of his contemporaries).

Probably just read stuff on here.

I can't see Aylett being brought into the side. There will be a heap of changes anyway.

He is seriously the type of player a few blitzers will take to the bank, good, solid, runs hard, goes when it's his turn, bit of pace, something very Gary Foulds about him. Not the type to win a game off his own boot, but will never cost you one either.

There's a blast from the past. Gary Foulds! Seriously underrated player. Great servant to the club, as versatile as they get and as reliable as they come. Good hoof on him too. If be happy if Aylett turns out half as good.

I played fauld in words with friends last night.. First thought that came to mind. Great servant of the club.. 300 gamer too.

GET AROUND HIM!

Congrats on him being selected!

sharper than your average

Averaging 20 possessions and an amazing 12 tackles for first six vfl games… That tells me he is a very coachable and determined player. Well deserved promotion

sharper than your average

cuts through the opposition

He can keep Hams spot warm for a month or so I guess...

I played fauld in words with friends last night.. First thought that came to mind. Great servant of the club.. 300 gamer too.

Foulds never won a game off his own boot? l guess you missed the time he had just 10 kicks playing on Francis Bourke and from those 10 kicks scored 7 goals. Bourke could play a bit and was a more than decent FB, but Foulds made him looks slow that day somewhere around 1981 - 82.