Kurt Aylett #43

I haven't seen his after the siren celebrations, but from the mood of our club and the flat way they are playing, his enthusiasm might just give us a bit of lift mentally.

I've heard of messiah's on blitz but this is getting ridiculous.

Headline: "Kurt Aylett post-match celebration lifts dons to 10 game winning streak"

Headline: "Kurt Aylett post-match celebration lifts dons to 10 game winning streak"

Fark me, we lose to Richmond? The shame.

Fark me, we lose to Richmond? The shame.

Delist peeto.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2014-10-30/aylett-set-to-move-to-rookie-list

Essendon Football Club has delisted young midfielder Kurt Aylett ahead of next month‘s AFL National Draft.

General Manager - Football Operations, Rob Kerr, said the club will re-draft Aylett via December‘s AFL Rookie Draft.

“Kurt will return to pre-season training next week and continue his preparations for the upcoming season,” Kerr said.

“Kurt is a valued member of our playing group and we look forward to his ongoing development.”

I thought we would have to make one more list change given they players we brought in during trade/FA and also upgrading Ambrose to the senior list. Feel for him that he's been delisted but it seems the club will pick him up as a rookie. I think he was contracted for 2015 when we signed him from GWS?

Who is this bloke?

steak-knives.jpeg

Looks ok from what I have seen..Thought Browne might have gone to the Rookie list to manage his injury

Apparently didn't tackle enough.

interesting

I find it absolutely mystifying that a virtually mid table team can't prune enough dead wood from its list to provide for 3+ selections in the ND, without stooping to this cheap and disrespectful method.

Ive got no issue with it at all. Someone was always going to be unlucky. Bottom line, If he’s good enough, he’ll make it

STEAK KNIVES CUT

■■■■■■ Hell Pevster.

We do it pretty much every year.  The guy still gets paid.  He still gets to play AFL if he is good enough.  It's not like we're paying him to sit on his lounge chair.  He'll get every opportunity he would have had otherwise.

Good luck Kurt. Hope you can make the step next year.

I find it absolutely mystifying that a virtually mid table team can't prune enough dead wood from its list to provide for 3+ selections in the ND, without stooping to this cheap and disrespectful method.

Maybe your forgetting the draft sanctions?
The last 2 years would NOT be the years to make too many changes to the list. With the lack of high draft picks your better off keeping experience on the list.
No doubt next year I'm sure there will be wholesale changes just like 2012 prior to the sanctions.
CHILL OUT!!

Hasn’t been easy for the recruiters of late.

Why do teams have to change players anyway? If they are happy with their list, they shouldn't have to make any changes if they don't want to.

Why do teams have to change players anyway? If they are happy with their list, they shouldn't have to make any changes if they don't want to.

Because the AFL wants a minimum number of players to be drafted each year so that top sporting kids select AFL as their sport of choice. If only 40 kids got drafted more might be trying to succeed at other sports.

Why do clubs have to change players?  Because the AFL is super green - its called recycling.  New for old and old and new old.

Its also about equalisation and fairness. (hand over mouth, tongue in cheek)

Aylett looks ok, the delisting will hopefully burn him inside and he fires up during the pre-season campagne, to push for senior selection.