Kurt Aylett #43

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list

Not that its really a huge issue as we will still “theoretically” retain him at the club

Kurt would not have been even close to who i personally would have sent to the rookie list
Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Lucky your not the coach then hey.
I reckon the club might just have a little bit more of a clue than you.
What's your reasoning exactly? "Just coz"
Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.

Not that its really a huge issue as we will still "theoretically" retain him at the club

Reality is he isn't best 22 yet. The club clearly has set him areas to improve. If he isn't on our primary list at the start of the season, it's not a big deal really is it? If he improves he has the opportunity to be elevated mid season.
I believe this was a great move by the club and I actually trust they know a lot more about the players than you and I.

691910602160022853.jpg

691910602160022853.jpg

I want dnp to be coach, he knows all the answers.

I find it absolutely mystifying that a virtually mid table team can't prune enough dead wood from its list to provide for 3+ selections in the ND, without stooping to this cheap and disrespectful method.

I always love that "we never get any trades done" before trade week, then after, it's "WHY THE HELL DID WE DO SO MANY TRADES"

We're making 6 changes to the main list. 2 live picks, 1 upgrade, 1 forced trade, 1 trade just for kicks, and a free agent.

As far as I can see, the bottom club (St K) will make either 5 or 6 changes.

Hardly sitting on our hands.

Me either, daresay it's more about how other clubs perceive him than Essendon. If he was more wanted (ie a former top 20 pick) I think he'd still be on the main list.

Me either, daresay it's more about how other clubs perceive him than Essendon. If he was more wanted (ie a former top 20 pick) I think he'd still be on the main list.

I think they did the math and realised that to take 2 ND picks, we had to cut one more. Probably was out of Aylett or Kav. Kav is still in contract firstly, and secondly, Kav would more than likely have been snapped up by another club if we decided to delist and try and re-rookie him. Aylett probably a safer bet of no other team picking him ahead of us, so we still keep him but not on the primary list. I didn't see enough of him last year to pass judgement, so hopefully a big pre-season and a solid showing in the NAB Cup can give him a springboard into 2015 and he might surprise.

691910602160022853.jpg

It did.
So many negative nacys on this site.
Club just can not do anything right according to some.
I thought being a supporter meant supporting.

I think they did the math and realised that to take 2 ND picks, we had to cut one more. Probably was out of Aylett or Kav. Kav is still in contract firstly, and secondly, Kav would more than likely have been snapped up by another club if we decided to delist and try and re-rookie him. Aylett probably a safer bet of no other team picking him ahead of us, so we still keep him but not on the primary list. I didn't see enough of him last year to pass judgement, so hopefully a big pre-season and a solid showing in the NAB Cup can give him a springboard into 2015 and he might surprise.

Remember when in this country we used to say 'maths' ? It is a shortening of mathematics, not mathematic, never got why we felt the need to copy that one.

Remember when in this country we used to say 'maths' ? It is a shortening of mathematics, not mathematic, never got why we felt the need to copy that one.

cranky pills today henry? you should go hang out in the what annoys you thread (though that itself may annoy because of 'the list' thread which as far as i can tell serves exactly the same farken purpose) - ok things are getting to me too now as well.

I agree with you Henry, but we are just a pair of fuddy duddies.   When I grew up in Malvern my mother didnt like to go to Glenferrie rd to shop.  Thats  because she had to dress up in a hat and gloves or the women who lived around us would look very disapprovingly at the Oooooooh... divorcee,  who doesnt even bother to dress properly to go to Glenferrie rd.   Certainly I felt the stigma at times being brought up in a "broken home".     Back in those days we spoke English correctly.  Just the way they did on the ABC.  We must have sounded like toffs.

Change is not all bad.  If people say math,  instead of maths,  I find it annoying, slightly but who gives a rats really.    

Jeez.   Straying off topic.   I havent noticed  Kurt play.  cant really comment,  I guess the coaches did what they had to do in this case.

I’m sure Aylett was seen as the “safe to delist and re rookie” option rather than the “next to be delisted”.

The only meaningful measure we have from outside the club as to how the coaches rate him against someone like Kavanagh is Vfl best and fairest voting. Aylett was 6th,Kav somewhere behind that.

Obviously that’s also not a measure of their potential to be AFL footballers, but you’d think it means he’s doing what’s asked of him at vfl level.

Keep working and he can take that to a higher level.

Kav might be more appealing as a long term prospect, but he needs to improve as well.

I guess only time will tell, but both may end up part of our 2017 midfield.

He plays with intent I like him.

I'm sure Aylett was seen as the "safe to delist and re rookie" option rather than the "next to be delisted".
The only meaningful measure we have from outside the club as to how the coaches rate him against someone like Kavanagh is Vfl best and fairest voting. Aylett was 6th,Kav somewhere behind that.
Obviously that's also not a measure of their potential to be AFL footballers, but you'd think it means he's doing what's asked of him at vfl level.
Kav might be more appealing as a long term prospect, but he needs to improve as well.

They'd want to be part of the midfield before 2017 or they won't be on the list

Much ado about nothing - Will probably get a LTI early in the year or we have an automatic upgrade in round 11 - You will play AFL if your form is good enough.

691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
Did you actually read my post?
Theres nothing negative in it! Not even slightly
All i said is that MY PERSONAL choice would have been to drop a different player to the rookie list:
Browne - perenially injured
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip

691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
All i said is that MY PERSONAL choice would have been to drop a different player to the rookie list:
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip

Why is that you always would do something different to what the club does?
Nacy

691910602160022853.jpg
It did.
Pears - see Browne
Dalgleish - see Pears
Get a f**king grip
Why is that you always would do something different to what the club does?
Nacy
FYI
Dalgleish perennial? Only promoted last year.

Essendon Football Club has delisted young midfielder Kurt Aylett... Kurt is a valued member of the playing group.

I'm sure Aylett was seen as the "safe to delist and re rookie" option rather than the "next to be delisted".
Obviously that's also not a measure of their potential to be AFL footballers, but you'd think it means he's doing what's asked of him at vfl level.

They'd want to be part of the midfield before 2017 or they won't be on the list

As in first choice rotation rather than #s 8 and 9