Ladder Predictor - what's your verdict? Do we make the finals?

5th or 6th…

…draft pick in this year’s draft :wink:

I’m not pleased we lost either game but it does show the need to play a whole game (i.e., 100 minutes plus time-on). I concur with bltn in hoping the losses are a salutary lesson and the need for effort for the entire game becomes apparent and leads to an improvement in results.
We need to learn and, sometimes, a loss is a good learning aid.

I just want to beat Carlton this week. If we do that, I’m happy for the team to put the cues back in the rack.

Nah, can’t lose to norf, that would be too embarrassing

1 Like

We’re about to click into gear we’re playing and winning finals this year.

Went to last years ladder predictions?

Follow this link so we can see all the fools that had St. Kilda finishing in the top 4

I think there are 7 teams who will play finals -

Bulldogs
Melbourne
Richmond
Port
Cats
Brisbane
West Coast

but no team at the moment looks good enough to lock down 8th spot. Could be any one of 8 teams. 8th will play an away final & get beaten by 100 points. It does look to be set up for us.

West Coast just lost by 97. They may win enough at home to get there but far from a lock.

Top 6 seem right, and I think 7-14 will be split by only a couple of games. Pretty even middle tier

West Coast just had their season ripped up, torn into shreds and spat on. They are the most bi-polar team in the comp right now. Might be champs at home, they are chumps on the road. After what happened to them in that last loss, every team will think they can feast their carcass.

We probably lost our slim chance of making finals when we lost vs the Hawks and got screwed by the umps vs Swans.

Swans in particular a team who we’d be fighting for a spot in bottom of 8 if were making a run for it.

Boys are playing in the right way and if maintain this tackling/pressure as we are going to give ourselves a chance in a lot of games.

I find Hawthorn’s upcoming fixture to be quite interesting…they need to hit top form now, and accumulate wins over the next two months…but if they do, they could move into the 8, and then just need to scrounge a couple of wins late in the season.

This is their upcoming fixture:

• STK
  • WC (at MCG)
  • NM
  • CARL
  • GC
  • SYD
  • ESS
  • GWS

Having a crack at the ladder predictor, red and black specs firmly planted on my face, I’ve got Essendon and Richmond at 6-5 each leading into Dreamtime. Would be huge.

Most ladder predictors have us around the 11-12 mark.

We can make the 8 this year, but I don’t think I want to becuase we’re not ready to compete yet. Making finals means finishing 7-8. We’d probably be playing Brisbane away or Richmond.

Not sure how much development we can take out of yet another elimination final thrashing.

W L D

1. Port Adelaide 18 4 0 148.1%
  2. Melbourne 18 4 0 134.2%
  3. Geelong 17 5 0 141.1%
  4. Western Bulldogs 17 5 0 134.6%
  5. Brisbane Lions 16 6 0 133.6%
  6. West Coast 16 6 0 124.4%
  7. Richmond 15 7 0 122.5%
  8. Essendon 13 9 0 117.0%
  9. Sydney 13 9 0 108.3%
  10. GWS 12 10 0 107.1%
  11. St Kilda 10 12 0 89.4%
  12. Carlton 9 13 0 93.2%
  13. Collingwood 5 17 0 77.2%
  14. Gold Coast 5 17 0 74.3%
  15. Fremantle 5 17 0 72.7%
  16. Adelaide 5 17 0 72.6%
  17. Hawthorn 3 19 0 66.2%
  18. North Melbourne 1 21 0 57.2%

How can you not be optimistic after a fine display of silky skills?

2 Likes

Lol.
The other results look dodgy af.

Wow an away final against the lions. What could possibly go wrong?

2 Likes

Don’t look too deep ok.

2 Likes

I reckon to sneak into the 8, we need to lose no more than 4 for the rest of the year. If the games go the way I think they will, factoring in improvement throughout the year, returns from injury, good luck injury wise - I think Dreamtime could be the old “8 point game” - I think Tigers are going to be around that 8th spot. Also think that Suns at Metricon could be the game to trip us up.

Norf (Marvel) W
Eagles (Optus) L
Tigers (MCG) ???
Hawks (MCG) W
Demons (MCG) L
Cats (GMHBA) L
Crows (Marvel) W
Norf (Marvel) W
Giants (Marvel) W
Swans (Marvel) W
Dogs (Marvel) L
Suns (Metricon) ???
Pies (MCG) W

Of course if we factor in Essington, we’ll get done by Norf this week, smacked by the Eagles, lose by a point to the Tigers and then it’ll be season over.

1 Like

Got us beating the Dogs?

■■■■. that’s a typo.

1 Like