Last Time They Met

A few more very random memories that may or may not have happened.

2004 in the rain at Football Park was another loss, Hird copped one in the eye and missed a few weeks with bleeding behind of the eye socket or similar.

2007 round one we got the win over there and quite comfortably? Potentially Jetta and certainly Davey debuts.

2011 on a Friday night, looked dead and buried away from home but rallied after half time. Davey and Monfries amongst the goals but it was an important win from memory.

2012 we gave them a good run over there amidst our end of year capitulation, think Alex Browne kicked a goal late in the game that brought it back to under a goal.

2014 think we were almost outnumbered by Crows at Etihad, Colyer kicked a beauty from the Fishmarket end pocket. Think Steinburg played.

2016 away may be one of the few times we’ve had Fantasia, Langford, Laverde and Francis on the park and it was fkn awesome.

Freo time…
A few games that stick out for me:

1. Hirdy was under all sorts of pressure. Reported that he stood down. Freo were In red hot form. We come back from 5 goals down for a great win in WA!
  1. 2003? Freo’s first final. We bully the ■■■■ out of them and come away with a 10 goal win.
    1. Lloydy demolishes Freo with a 9 goal bag.
      https://youtu.be/fR2-AB6GpLo

Good: 96 dicked them by a point at the G. Could have been Cummings or Cocky getting a late one to win it. Freo rolled out a giant cannon and 10 yo me legit nearly shat my pants

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1996/050819960616.html

Bad: 97/98 they dicked us on an absolute ■■■■ of a day at Waverley and around the same year beat us by 16 goals at Subi
https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1998/050819980419.html

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/1997/050819970615.html

Kingsley ■■■■■■■ hunter kicked 5

2012 over there was a ripping win on a Saturday night. Think we were dead and buried at halftime and then Hurley with the long sleeves rolled up the elbow kicked four or five in the second half? Same night Black Caviar won at Royal Ascot.

I vaguely remember beating them at Subi by a kick in 2008ish in the Jay Nash era. Think we got them by a similar margin in 2010?

The return of McPhee in the early rounds of 2010 was a classic, reckon his first four kicks went out of bounds on the full. Think we got rolled but the crowd was rabid that day. Think we also played them in the same timeslot on another sunny day Easter Sunday in 2007 and got done that day as well.

14 year old me ■■■■ my pants too that day. Was a Sunday game wasn’t it?

2012 was crameri goal. Remember mcpharlin on the footy show later on saying how he knew he would catch him so just waited for him to get tired (Mcpharlin was a junior elite athlete) but then realised that Crameri was actually making space on him while bouncing the ball.

2012 & 2013 wins were two of the most gutsy, against the odds, emotion-charged wins on the road you’ll ever see

1 Like

First and only time I ever went to Waverly. OH FK what a shower of sh-t game to remember Waverly by.

Channel 7, in a TV first cut its live coverage of our game vs fremantle after they got about 15 goals up on us and crossed to another game.

Yep. Had pace to burn, but no self drive. Sort of reminds me of myself, except I don’t have the speed!

It was. Had to jump on the link i posted to check that along with the name of the bald freo pelican that killed us that day. Andrew ■■■■■■■ Wills

Yep can remember that clear as day. Got that ■■■■■■■ embarassed 7 cut the feed. Was freos record win until they beat a very early Giants team by 100+ in their GF year

2013 I call the colyer game. His run in the second half ripped them apart

Sydney… if we lose to this mob at the scg in the dying seconds I reckon I’ll vomit. Most plastic fans in the league.

Easily my fav game against them is when Lloydy kicked 13 at the G. He was unstoppable! In Sydney… I loved it when McVeigh kicked that goal from the boundary line just after McPhee was out of bounds! In 2 weeks we beat eagles and Sydney who had been in the previous 2 GF!