Lawn

IIRC and its Kikuyu (?), … I’d almost guarantee it will bounce back.

He’s making a fortune off you. Weed control isn’t necessary.

Just regular mows, same direction and never give it a lean hair cut

Nah, I’ve got Empire Zoysia (Japonica or something)

It should be ok, but definitely doesn’t like to be cut that short. I usually use the highest setting on the mower.

Only needs mowing about 3-4 times per year.

Just grabbed a beer and laid out there in the sun pulling out the weeds. I think it’s Oxalis. More therapeutic than spraying, definitely more effective.

1 Like

I love weeding the lawn! I’m a bit obsessive. I also admit to owning lawn scissors as the whipper snapper just doesn’t get the edges right.

Biggest problem with our lawn is the giant path the dogs have run into it :frowning: currently putting in stepping stones and hoping the grass grows around them.

5 Likes

My lawn over summer was spectacular, no weeds and lush. Winter destroyed it, especially after some frosty mornings early on. Now it’s weeds central, and not the weeds that can be pulled out by hand either, clover, the ones with the little bindi spikes things have gone berserk.

About to spray the lawn with some lawn week kill, but concerned because I’m getting a couple of puppies in 2 weeks and don’t know if it will be harmful to them if done now!

This stuff is hard core, it’s a mix it yourself soliton, other weed and feed solutions have not worked, but this one seems too. Any suggestions?

These weedkillers absorb into the weeds in less than two days and any residual in the soil wouldn’t hurt a field mouse.

So your puppy will be OK, but the puppies unless they are some small rat like breed will fark the lawn, especially bit ches as their urine is more potent than the dingus wit.

I’m going to invest a lot of time teaching them to pee in one spot so my grass remains spectacular!

Good luck with that

Come on man, I’m getting 2 labs, from what I hear they are super obedient when they’re pups lol

We have a male black lab. He is just out of his puppy stage and is now relatively obedient, he is six years old !

Oh ■■■■!

Ours dogs pee everywhere and haven’t damaged the lawn (at least their pee hasn’t)

We bought a house on a half acre block that was infested with onion weed. In the right season the smell was overpowering. We pulled the whole lot out by hand — it took a year of weekends and holidays but we made it.

Also spent $500 getting a landscape plan drawn up by a lovely lady (now sadly deceased) called Lorrie Lawrence, dug all the beds and planted them ourselves, and about 5 years later we were in the open garden scheme.

1 Like

My advice came from a green keeper and those guys know best. I’d ask one of them.
Have a drink or two at your local bowls club and ask some questions. Its cheap.(with a few of those cheese flavoured biscuits they always seem to have. Gold)

I’ve got a few winter weeds, most will go once I get my summer mowing rhythm on.

surprised none of you are doing this

Wow, … at that point, I seriously would have Round up’d the lot, rotary hoed it all, round up’d again, raked it all clean and started from scratch.

Your effort is to be admired mate.

I’ve heard this is the go for Bindis. We don’t have them here,… but I use the Yates broadleaf weed version, & it does the job well.

1 Like

As stated on the lable NOT suitable for buffalo but ok for couch. This product will have the active Di Camba in it. For buffalo get a product with Bromoxynil in it.

Believe me, I would have if I could have! But the weed was mostly clustered around tree roots and other obstacles that meant it was by hand or not at all. As for digging the beds, I actually quite enjoyed it. Did I mention I’m a ■■■■■■■■■?

1 Like

My couch is pretty weedy at the moment. Will give it a go.