Leadership group 2016

Who should be our leaders next year?

I nominate Heath Hocking to go straight back into the mix - leads by example and is the heart and soul of the team.

Bags

Jobe - C
Chook - VC
Hepp - DVC

Backup support from Hocking.

Leadership Group
Jobe C
Heppell VC
Hooker VC
Hurley
Myers
Goddard

Hocking would be next IMO - could even replace Goddard if brendon just wanted to focus on his game.
But these blokes are our leaders.
Grooming Heppell for future leadership, this year would have helped him being stand in captain for Jobe.

If Jobe doesn’t want it I’d nominate Hooksy. 2-3 years with him, then presumably over to Hepp.

Hurley as captain.
Leadership group: Hepp, Hooker, Goddard, Hocking, Myers, Zack Merrett

Let Jobe play, free him from the shackles.

If Jobe doesn't want it I'd nominate Hooksy. 2-3 years with him, then presumably over to Hepp.

yeh i agree.

For some reason I’m not a massive fan of KPP’s as captain so my vote goes to Heppell. But I’d let the players decide the leadership group independent of the new coach. If this WADA stuff is all over, I hope Jobe gets another go.

For some reason I'm not a massive fan of KPP's as captain so my vote goes to Heppell.
I bet you hate fast bowlers too.
For some reason I'm not a massive fan of KPP's as captain so my vote goes to Heppell.
I bet you hate fast bowlers too.

Everytime I read your post I see you celebrating at the VFL! Love it

I wonder how Goddard feels after today, he knows our window is closed now and that he won’t get that elusive premiership…feel for the bloke.

Captain: Hurley
Vice: Hep (though it will be the other way around)
Rest of the leaders: Goddard, Hooker, Joe, Stants

Take the captaincy off Jobe and just let him focus on his football

Bennell ©

I wonder how Goddard feels after today, he knows our window is closed now and that he won't get that elusive premiership....feel for the bloke.

Geez drama queen much? Thought it was Damian Parrot for a second. Our List is far better than people give credit.

Watson, Heppell, Myers, Goddard, Stanton, Hurley, Hooker, Daniher

If Jobe steps down, just go with the 7.

I wonder how Goddard feels after today, he knows our window is closed now and that he won't get that elusive premiership....feel for the bloke.

750 thousand reasons per year not to feel too bad about it

Daniher? He hardly even leads as a forward.

Daniher? He hardly even leads as a forward.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/joe-daniher-tells-fox-footy-he-wants-to-become-a-leader-in-essendons-forward-line/story-e6frf3e3-1227501057903

Into just his third season of senior footy, Daniher’s strong character is personified by him assuming a leadership position within the team’s forward line.

Assisting swingmen Cale Hooker and Jake Carlisle, the youngster has had to set the example for elder statesmen of the club.

Although he has been thrust into the role, Daniher is ready to grasp the “fantastic opportunity” presented to him.

“Not a lot of younger players get thrown into the AFL system and get this sort of opportunity to play week in, week out,” he says.

“But I want to take it by the scruff of the neck and make it my own and hopefully I can have an impact in the forward line for a long period of time.”

Hooker is a must - blokes passion and team first mentality is fantastic
Watson - would be great, however if he wanted a season not being captain the bloke can have a rest and play without the stress of captaincy
Heppell - born leader must have
Goddard - For everything he has done for us in the media is outstanding couldn’t ask anything more deserves to be a leader in the group
Hocking/Myers - In the system a while 2 bulls that can lead by presence

Go out on a limb here but

Joe/Leverde - 2 young players that can be groomed to lead from a young age.

Watson
Heppell
Myers
Hooker
Hurley