Leadership Group 2020 - Who is "Highly Rated Internally"?

Blitz is filled with little crybabys who lose any ability for critical thought once any mention of The Age is made, no matter how factual or removed from the saga it may be

4 Likes

Unfortunately bullshit hysteria sells. Whether that’s papers or visits to websites, it sells.

If you overheard that a convicted murderer out on bail was living in your neighbourhood, you’d listen to that report and are more likely to remember it than the report about that sweet 80 year old woman who always wins the school fete baking competition.

Isn’t it the players that vote in leadership? It could have simply been that they wanted to reduce the list and hooker/hurls had the lease votes of the group… Not so much that hurls and hooker were specifically removed…

That sounds reasonable.

Still haven’t heard how it’s beneficial to remove two highly respected players who made financial sacrifices to stay with the club when we shat on them from a very great height.

You do realise that Hooker and Hurley were actually cut from the leadership group right? If this headline was in any other publication or about any other club you wouldn’t have given two ■■■■■ about it

1 Like

Hang on, the club has done something? Right must be time to complain about it then.

2 Likes

Because that was never the decision that the club made, they would have made the decision to cut two from the leadership group to streamline / refocus i and the players ultimately decided that who those two would be.

It’s a bit of a non issue.

1 Like

I think Hurley and Hooker would disagree about it being a non issue.

Maybe the inclusion of Rutten is the cause of them being the two removed. If you need to pick the brain of someone who knows the correct defensive structures why not ask the guy that’s implementing it rather than two guys who are just learning it. Someone learning something also find it harder to remove the emotion from discussions.
Leadership on field is an expectation on all players, I can’t see those two leading and behaving any different on field.
Off field Heppell is the most approachable especially with staff, Myers does stuff on mental health I’m pretty sure, Merrett does things for players association and the league, Fantasia does a lot of promotional/ corporate events and Daniher I believe does the same. Possibly the selection could have been weighted more on the off field leadership.
Who knows.

1 Like

Obviously nothing is as it seems but it’s still hard to imagine Daniher getting more votes than Hooker or Hurley.

1 Like

When it comes to leadership groups and votes, I’d imagine the players themselves would have a pretty good idea about who provides more off-field. We also have a pretty young list and they would have more interaction with Daniher, Fantasia and Merrett than they do with the older guys on the list, like Hurley and Hooker

Fair call.

Not really. I think daniher is quite a strong on field leader and a lot of the forwardline would see that and vote for him accordingly

You seem to be a worse case scenario type guy.

Hopefully Hooker and Hurley missing out says more about the guys who made it than it does about them

Hurley has never struck me as someone who would be vocal off the field, on the field he is definitely a ‘lead-by-example’-type which isn’t going to be affected by him not being in some leadership group. The same applies to Hooker, although I’d expect him to be a more vocal extroverted type at the club.

Both of them aren’t the types to crack the sads and both will continue to mentor the young defenders, this will just allow them to spend less time in meetings and more time focusing on their own games, which at their age is probably a good thing.

Personally, I’m more surprised by the absence of Dev Smith

2 Likes

You seen to defend the club even when it’s jot necessary.

They aren’t infallible.

The last 15 years has shown us that.

1 Like

“Own their personal leadership capacities” - what a terrible phrase. What was wrong with “be leaders” or “show leadership”?

Woosha must sit up late at night thinking of new gobbledygook phrases like this. Or maybe he’s hoping to become a politician when he finishes coaching?

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s similar to Zaka indicating he doesn’t mind if not in LG but is still a leader and looks to be such via how he goes about training and by taking a few players under his wing.

As per the boys who went to Colorado with him, and you saw in the recent Langford clip that clearly they have bonded well.

IMO Hooker would be the most hard done by really, going from VC to out of group altogether.

If it was me would have been him staying in for either Myers or JD (so can focus on getting his body right) out.

2 Likes