Leadership Group 2020 - Who is "Highly Rated Internally"?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Was always going to be tough to predict how players would react post saga. It would seem now that we chose the wrong option. Personally I think its too late to go down the path you’ve suggested as a lot of players dont have the currency that they had back then. We’re going to have to commit to what we’re doing now. This is why I was disappointed that we gave up so much for Shiel after last year. Got one like from one person for criticising the trade and abuse from everyone else.

1 Like

Sorry if this is trivial but I keep referring back to the captain’s day a few weeks ago when the captain of the Essendon Football Club wasn’t present.

Maybe it was a last minute decision to not be able to make it fair enough but from the outside it sums up our year to date.

The club didn’t even bother to send anyone til the last minute obviously so they sent Joe there so they could retake the photo.

1 Like

He was obviously too busy; training hard to put in a performance like yesterday.

1 Like

With most out this group out injured who is making up our leadership group? You’d like to think Hooker and Hurley but geez we lack some direction and leadership on the ground. Especially with limited runner rule this year. Can’t knock Hep tonight though.

1 Like

Very good question.

Leaders know the moments when they need to step up to the plate.

Hurley, Shiel, Hooker, Heppell, Merrett.

I’d put Saad in there too and he absolutely should be in next year.

They should be putting their heads together today and tomorrow on how they can lift this group to a massive performance on Thursday night.

We need to get out of the blocks and then give for 4 quarters and get the win.

How leaders perform when you are down and need a lift.

That’s the test of leadership.

I’ll be taking note of who steps up this week.

Spot on.

Except for TBC, Hurley, Zaha, Myers and Heppell, that is.

I’ll give a big tick to Heppel now, think he’s had a good year from when I posted that months ago.

The others? Nope.

Maybe Hurley i suppose

Yeah I remember how they were all key players in a flag side back then whereas now…

This is just grass is greener stuff. It just doesn’t stack up.

Actually go look at some games, some stats, some tapes, and how we went.

Belly had a very good 2018. His best season since he kicked 28 goals resting fwd in 2013. Plenty of missed games due to injury. And with post-season surgery at the end of last year, has seriously struggled this year.

Zaka’s best seasons were (arguably) 2016-2017.

I have no idea what your talking about.

I posted in preseason that our senior players weren’t giving enough and many of them epitomise our mental inconsistencies.

I have no idea what you’re on about. All those guys have either carried their form or improved on it since 2013 when the Saga hit.
You’re just choosing what to remember.
It’s not true.

you’re really going to sit there with a straight face and say that Myers, Hurley and TBC’s form is the same or better since their gap year? Huge disservice to the player that Hurley was pre saga especially. He was a fkn beast.

David “most improved” Myers?

Absolutely.

But, you know, we lost last week, which means all of them are absolutely terrible, because all of you idiots apparently contracted fetal alcohol syndrome in the past 6 days.

Right. And Myers and Baguley are best 22 as well I assume?

Again the post is 3 months old

It was posted the day after we got thrashed round 1 to GWS.

I can’t remember all the context back then but I’m sure it wasn’t to complimentary and I gave our senior players a whack.

FFS.

The Bags that had a gap year?

How many fingers do you have per hand?

no i’m just trying to get a grasp on your mind set and which players you value. which right now seems you value players that are on the down and down but used to good. which will set us up awesomely for the future.

awesome dodge of the question though

“Absolutely” is a dodge, is it?

I remember when the trolls really stood out.