Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

remember how ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ jobe was when he started?

yeah because every player who starts out ■■■■ turns into jobe later in their careers…

remember how ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ jobe was when he started?

yeah because every player who starts out ■■■■ turns into jobe later in their careers…

the point is you have no idea whats gonna happen with players. What if first year wonders fade into nothing? Writing off a kid after 1 year in the system is pure lunacy.

So the kid stepped away in their draft year, thought about it and decided that he really wanted to make the afl. imo thats a sign of maturity and probably given playing afl more thought than most of the other players drafted when they’re 18.

You can seer but you can’t post. Bite us you son of a motherless goat

Way too early to make any call on Morgan. Feel for the kid as he is one of the nicest guys you could meet and desperately wants to get out there. Hoping club can find a way to get him playing a full year so we can properly assess him

Still has time, surely.

From my observation Morgan has been a bit average to date. But he isn’t average, as he has a lot of very good footy attributes. He just hasn’t had a clear run at it. I wouldn’t have picked it at draft time, but he is the draftee that we’ve heard the least about from last years draft. I would’ve thought he was a chance at being the most impressive. Here’s hoping 2017 is a better year for him.

Well, one year anyway.

2 year contracts for draftees are brutal. I feel for him and hope his body gives him a chance.

I think afl lists should be larger and draftees get 3 year contracts.

Push the afl list to 50- fk off the rookie list

Also each club should be able to nominate 1-2 “franchise” players that they drafted who are exempt from the salary cap. It would benefit clubs who develop talent. In this example we drafted Hurley so if we want to pay Hurley $1.2M a year we should be able to, we developed him into this superstar.

If you didn’t draft them they can’t be a franchise player.

I’m radicalised.

Bring back seer, habib, Fonz and kfc

Rhys Mathieson

18 Disposals
4 Marks
4 Tackles
2 Goals

Instead we have Morgan who’s injured again.

LOL. Mathieson has only played 5 games himself. He was injured for most of the start of the season.

Rhys Mathieson

18 Disposals
4 Marks
4 Tackles
2 Goals

Can’t believe we were the only club to overlook Mathieson. Oh Essendon.

Morgo

Rhys Mathieson

18 Disposals
4 Marks
4 Tackles
2 Goals

LOL. Mathieson has only played 5 games himself. He was injured for most of the start of the season.

In fairness to Mathieson he was hit high unfairly by a dog act by Cameron resulting in Cameron being suspended and Mathieson with a broken cheeckbone
The one DUDoro missed was Ryan Clarke. Could have had Clarke, Mathieson and Menogola. To pass on the All Australian Centreman for an injury-prone over-ager was classic DUDoro. Clarke was 5th in Morrish medal, 5th in Coaches award and named rover in TAC team of year. His coach said he had never seen a better runner. DUDoro goes for the projects yet again. How long has he been in charge? No wonder we are 18th.

Now I’ve heard it all.

Dodoro:

• Who doesn’t even head up recruiting
  • who has picked up Merrett, Fantasia, Laverde, Langford, Parish, Francis, Morgan, Redman, Brown, Eades and Hartley with his last 11 live picks
  • who is therefore running at a strike rate of around 70% for the last three drafts (possibly higher depending on how some of these guys come along)
  • who works in an industry where the average strike rate is about 20%
  • in a season where we lost 12 players half way through the pre-season due to WADA bans
  • is THE REASON we are 18th.

This is possibly the best troll I’ve ever seen.

Why the hell is everyone getting so worked up about this guy. He was the fastest in the draft. Good skills. Great physique. He just looked like an AFL player from day 1. His question mark was his commitment, having dropped out of footy the year before. That hasn’t been an issue. Sure he’s had a crap run with injuries, but this is AFL, people get hurt. Players from other clubs that cost a hell of a lot more have ended up with long term injuries. It happens. It’s not great, but it’s not a guaranteed career killer.

Rhys Mathieson

18 Disposals
4 Marks
4 Tackles
2 Goals

In fairness to Mathieson he was hit high unfairly by a dog act by Cameron resulting in Cameron being suspended and Mathieson with a broken cheeckbone

Brisbane should have identified that he had weak cheekbones before they drafted him.

Morgo

Malex Organ

Mad Dog Oh My Goodness Head Wobble Morgan.

Why do some players have regular issues with muscle tears, while others have none? Is it genetics, or can there be a nutritional element?

Why the hell is everyone getting so worked up about this guy. He was the fastest in the draft. Good skills. Great physique. He just looked like an AFL player from day 1. His question mark was his commitment, having dropped out of footy the year before. That hasn't been an issue. Sure he's had a crap run with injuries, but this is AFL, people get hurt. Players from other clubs that cost a hell of a lot more have ended up with long term injuries. It happens. It's not great, but it's not a guaranteed career killer.

The fear of seer has struck

Image now seered into my brain.

Why do some players have regular issues with muscle tears, while others have none? Is it genetics, or can there be a nutritional element?

Genetics, nutrition, bio-mechanics, bad luck…take your pick.

If it is a similar injury over and over then quite possibly a bio-mechanics issue. Imbalance of strength across hip flexors, quads, hammies and glutes (a lot of younger players), compounding lower back issues (Gumby, Winders) causing over striding or poor running patterns.

Players work on strengthening the body to correct the imbalance and then work on running patterns to correct their stride length.

Rumours on SEN he’s being delisted apparently. Pretty harsh call if true. Would have to mean we are into someone who’s a PSD candidate I would imagine.

Edit: sorry. Should know better than to post without double checking. Doesn’t appear to be anything to this.