Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

Is Alex going to be our answer to Jason Johannison? Is he that type of player?

And - if this is the case, surely it makes our decision to take McClug a lot easier?

Would be happy just to see Morgan string 10 games together.

Please don't mention Morgan and strings in the same sentence.
Is Alex going to be our answer to Jason Johannison? Is he that type of player?

And - if this is the case, surely it makes our decision to take McClug a lot easier?

Would be happy just to see Morgan string 10 games together.

Please don't mention Morgan and strings in the same sentence.
Please don't mention HAMS at all :'(

I saw him play 2-3 unremarkable games in the VFL. (When he was able to get on the park, it released HeppA to play as a mid, which was fortuitous. ) Then I realised Morgan was taken as pick 29. So what was the reasoning ? The drafting video shows that he is not slow, and has excellent agility and vision.

Apparently Morgan had hamstring problems before we drafted him and of course last year as well. This is very serious. The conservative management he needs to prevent chronic recurrence will mean he gets left behind, so its essential he gets the hammies robust and in working order and gets on the park next year to develop his game even up to VFL level .

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/draft-hub/pick-24

With Tippa, Conor and Morgan looking decent prospects, McGrath seems superfluous.

wow

With Tippa, Conor and Morgan looking decent prospects, McGrath seems superfluous.

wow

I’m not saying any of those players will be as good or better than McGrath, but they cover a similar role; rebounding defender / midfielder. If you have a lot of talent coming through in a role, it makes it more valuable to focus on other areas of the ground. McGrath will be great, but how much better than our current stocks is the important question.

wow

I’m not saying any of those players will be as good or better than McGrath, but they cover a similar role; rebounding defender / midfielder. If you have a lot of talent coming through in a role, it makes it more valuable to focus on other areas of the ground. McGrath will be great, but how much better than our current stocks is the important question.

You never, ever, ever think about positional needs when you have a draft pick in the top few.

1 Like

wow

You never, ever, ever think about positional needs when you have a draft pick in the top few.

Fair enough. Has to make some impact though if you are down to a 50:50 decision.

wow

I know where you are coming from, but dont agree HM. What if they both get 99% on their “Footy skills 101” exam ? Do you start to look at other attributes? Like do they have leadership qualities, do they speak well, do they possess other skills ? Then assess whether those attributes help to split them when the criteria are refined in the context of the team needs .

Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

I’m more interested in seeing Mad Dog Morgan.

Morgan Fairchild

Is Morgan a Free Man?

Big M, little organ

The ship’s mate’s name was Morgan
A homosexual gorgon
A dozen crows
Could pose in rows
Upon his sexual organ

1 Like
Is Morgan a Free Man?

God…

Danny “Mad Dog” Morgan

Seriously, the kid didn’t get the chance to run into any form. Give him time

Did someone say Mad Dog?

Don’t ban me, bro

Did someone say Mad Dog?

Don’t ban me, bro

Oh god.

Hahahaha $hit!! I’d forgotten about that Mad Dog bloke who did videos on the EFC website.
Who was he? Is he on Blitz? lol