Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

Whenever Essendon has lept up the ladder in the past its generally involved the development of some latent or untapped talent.

Whether it be a solid club/coach backing of a fallen or even much maligned player -Dean Wallis, Paul Weston, Barry Young?

Or kids - Mercuri, Misiti, Hird, Olarenshaw, Calthorpe

Or imports - Denham, Wellman

The club seems to be doing what it should be doing to bring this DNA back. It was back with Hird/Thompson. Now with the saga over it must be unleashed.

Morgan and Francis. Colyer. Green? Mcluggage?

It is clearly a very important component of success. No club is going to consistently be much above the rest in the quality of players it gets from drafting and trading (with the exception of the startupsā€™ draft free ride, and subsequently their academy zones).
Development of whatever the list manager is able to come up with is paramount.
Development and fitness/maintenance.

Whenever Essendon has lept up the ladder in the past its generally involved the development of some latent or untapped talent.

Whether it be a solid club/coach backing of a fallen or even much maligned player -Dean Wallis, Paul Weston, Barry Young?

Or kids - Mercuri, Misiti, Hird, Olarenshaw, Calthorpe

Or imports - Denham, Wellman

The club seems to be doing what it should be doing to bring this DNA back. It was back with Hird/Thompson. Now with the saga over it must be unleashed.

Morgan and Francis. Colyer. Green? Mcluggage?

It is clearly a very important component of success. No club is going to consistently be much above the rest in the quality of players it gets from drafting and trading (with the exception of the startupsā€™ draft free ride, and subsequently their academy zones).
Development of whatever the list manager is able to come up with is paramount.
Development and fitness/maintenance.

And, of courseā€¦

Free kick Hawthorn

Starting to become the player Iā€™m most excited about to see play next year. Was drafted as a 19 year old so has that extra year of body development than most in his draft year.

Real smokey to nail down a best 22 spot IMO.

Big years from Morgan, Francis and pick 1 putting them all in contention for the Rising Star.

I really hope he makes it. Could become one of our most exciting players.

Great signs that he is committed to getting the best out of himself. Thatā€™s all you can ask really.

Starting to become the player I'm most excited about to see play next year. Was drafted as a 19 year old so has that extra year of body development than most in his draft year.

Big years from Morgan, Francis and pick 1 putting them all in contention for the Rising Star.

He hasnā€™t even played a senior game yet.

Starting to become the player I'm most excited about to see play next year. Was drafted as a 19 year old so has that extra year of body development than most in his draft year.

He hasnā€™t even played a senior game yet.

And?

Did I not say he was a smokeyā€¦

Geoff Parker for 1 year is the only other non-ruck/KP since 1948 to wear #25. Weā€™d better change his number too.

I might go back further but I donā€™t know what sort player Gordon Abbott was. My feeling is that he wasnā€™t a tall. I donā€™t remember him since he last played 5 years before I was born.

All heart is Malex Organ. Iā€™ve heard heā€™s got a big one too.

ā€¦ heart.

You can read training reports lately on how good Alex Morgan looks. Was interesting to hear Hurley also say on RSN this morning how surprised he was in Morganā€™s development so far this pre-season and you can tell he thinks he is flying. We never have seen this kid fit so one of the most interesting players to watch this year for mine

You can read training reports lately on how good Alex Morgan looks. Was interesting to hear Hurley also say on RSN this morning how surprised he was in Morgan's development so far this pre-season and you can tell he thinks he is flying. We never have seen this kid fit so one of the most interesting players to watch this year for mine

Agreed. Seeing him at training this pre-season is chalk and cheese when compared to last season.

You can read training reports lately on how good Alex Morgan looks. Was interesting to hear Hurley also say on RSN this morning how surprised he was in Morgan's development so far this pre-season and you can tell he thinks he is flying. We never have seen this kid fit so one of the most interesting players to watch this year for mine

Totally agree, his U18 highlights were so impressive.
Breaking lines from the back pocket, along with very efficient disposal.

Me likey.

Butā€¦butā€¦the (in)cognoscenti were calling for him to be delisted with Eades.

One ineffective season when his body was being reconditioned is enough, surely.

The farkn wat?

But...but...the (in)cognoscenti were calling for him to be delisted with Eades.

One ineffective season when his body was being reconditioned is enough, surely.

I think it was more ā€˜he took a year off footy as an 18 year old, why should we bother to continue with someone not 100% committed.ā€™

when I personally see it as, he took a step back and evaluated what he wanted to do with his life, which is far more mature than a lot of draft hopefuls that pin their hopes on AFL. A few kids I went to high school with threw everything at footy and didnā€™t get drafted. Its also a big reason why I wasnā€™t keen on Josh Battle, his interview he says he didnā€™t do so well in school but afl was what was important to him. very alarming for a career that lasts about 6 years on average.

2 Likes

HYPE

CHOO CHOO

He will surprise this year.

That kind of pace is rare, he is worth persisting with to get his body and game send right.

Moaaar afterburners.

Anyone got info / injury report on Morgan as he doesnā€™t seem to be playing VFL practice games?