Left Essendon - Alex Morgan

That could have been North’s fault. Maybe they only approached him and made him an offer after the trade period. But, if so, they should have traded for him. It probably only would have been a pick around 60+, but that is how it should have gone, rather than trying to get him to induce Essendon to delist him, and thereby get him for nothing.
PS what did Balic go for? Some similarity, although Balic did play a few senior games.

Opposition clubs have a pretty fair of who other clubs will delist, hence no need to deal via a trade.

Hence why your Hartungs, Trent McKenzie etc who come as a bit of a shock delisting, more so insider knowledge they have already been told they won’t be kept.

Good luck to Alex, I don’t blame him if a 2 year deal elsewhere is on the table, 1 year offering from us was fair.

I do think he has the tools to make it, perhaps contrary to others I think he showed some excellent signs at VFL level and was developing nicely.
Wish him all the best.

4 Likes

So does this happen via pre-season draft?

What i dislike is we picked him up to give him an opportunity to prove himself, when he had a year off from footy with depression and then he goes off and knocks back a single year.

4 Likes

Norf must of cracked open the war chest

11 Likes

Strange comment to make?

Player with constant injuries wants to move from a club with the best rehabilitation facilities in the country to a club with possibly the worst.

13 Likes

WTF

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure the club wouldn’t have tried talking him out of leaving. It sounded like a mutual arrangement to me.

If he had no offers then he would be still at the club.

2 Likes

Jerrett likely to port

I am very sorry, Dodoro, but pick 29 for zero games equals the confiscation of a jacket. He is still currently in a significant jacket surplus.

15 Likes

North finally getting there big fish? Get those tins rattlin, you flogs

2 Likes

North land their big fish finally

I’m not a bitter person, but I hope he gets tangled in Ben Browns hair and pulls his hamstring off the bone!

Who?

1 Like

2 Likes

2015 draft was a disaster!!!

Who else was in that draft class?

for us?

parish, francis, redman, hartley brown?

so what 1 hit, 1 probably best 22, 1 delistnig, 1 future delisting and up in the air whether the rangas makes it.

but a lot on blitz can claim this, many of us wanted mathieson at morgan/redmans pick.

my motivations was for wanting someone genuinely touched in the head, not for what he could do off field.

1 Like