Legal help request

Hi there…

I got pulled over a little while back, and while I was turning I touched another parked car.

Of course the cops acted like I shot someone, and have charged me with careless driving.

If this is careless driving everyone who drives is screwed.

Can someone point me to a place where I can read over the statute?

Any extra advice would be cheerfully received too. :slight_smile:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/rsa1986125/s65.html

Better call Saul

Thanks for that link YT.

I actually found the whole act in PDF format from down that rabbit hole.

There was a document that I saw, just once and briefly, that also had examples of what constituted careless driving. Are you familiar with this act? Could you know what I might have seen?

Incoming: I would love to, but I am kinda stuck for moolah right now. So… gotta defend myself.

Call Chris Kaias

Sam Lane?

Could you describe in fuller detail how you came to contact the other car. I agree that just about everyone who has an accident would therefore be charged with careless driving if it is purely based on the fact they came into contact with another vehicle. Perhaps if you tell us exactly what happened we can figure out why the cops got their knickers in a knot.

I reckon there’s a second side to this story

A reply to: @nemir regarding QuoteLink

Thanks for that link YT.

I actually found the whole act in PDF format from down that rabbit hole.

There was a document that I saw, just once and briefly, that also had examples of what constituted careless driving. Are you familiar with this act? Could you know what I might have seen?

Incoming: I would love to, but I am kinda stuck for moolah right now. So… gotta defend myself.

If I get a chance at work today I’ll have a look. I’ve got access to a bunch previous case laws which I use occasionally.

Think it’s all WA based but I’ll check.