Legal options?

Hip-hop dance battle.

rock off

Serious question.

Would the manager of the indoor football centre consent to converting the arena into some form of Thunderdome for an evening?

rock off

Paper scissors rock?

A guy bumped you during a game of footy so you wait until the game is over and go confront him, abuse and insult him, then want to sue him?
'Merica

Would've agreed that I'm thinking of the wrong thing but I never insulted or abused the gut.
Just a simple question, and he replied in the most arrogant manner. When I told him that wasn't good enough, he went agro and delivered the punch.

Smash him next game you meet or just forget it.

Cops wont charge him, lawyers cost, there's the time and effort making a case, far too much effort.

Fark it and move on.

Lots of opinions on here so I appreciate the comments.

Majority think because there was no severe harm, I most likely won’t be successful if I do precede to take legal action. Thinking about it now, I agree with these posters.

rock off

Paper scissors rock?

scissors

i played one game of indoor footy once. 

i sucked. big time. 

Mate, just sounds to me like you got into a fight. He didn’t king hit you, if there was some pushing and shoving going in and it was just one on one… It’s just a fight.

Glad to hear you got no serious damage, just call it a life lesson. You learn more from copping a punch than you do from throwing one.

But maybe do some boxing classes in preparation for the rematch :slight_smile:

Or as incoming says… Bang his missus.

Hello fellow blitzers,

A certain incident has happened to me in the last couple of days and I didn't know which sub-forum to post this in but the description had 'serious discussion' so went with this one.

Anyhow, I play indoor footy at my local leisure centre (yes, soft I know) and were playing the top side in our league. We were placed at the bottom of the ladder and were looking to start well early. After travelling overseas in an emergency situation: I caused headaches for the rest of the team to find a replacement.

Nearing the end of the game, we were up by 8 points with a minute left and were playing possession footy. This fumed the opposition players and one of them decided to give me an illegal bump off the ball where I fall to the ground and asked the umprie/s if they had seen it. Like most umpires, their excuse was that they were blind-sided and didn't see anything (yeah right!!). I preceded to get up and thought I wouldn't take action until after the final whistle was blown. 

Staying to my promise, I confronted the player and asked him why he would attack me like that. His reply, "I was bored." I told him that it wasn't good enough and called him a coward for the hit and not giving an appropriate answer. Push come to shove, he eventually went for a right hook/punch which connected on the left side of my jaw. Not expecting the hit, I fall yet again, dazed.

I immediately iced the jaw and was probably lucky that their was no fracture/break or blood streaming out. But of course there was pain.The managers came over to myself and informed me that I could press charges/sue and that he would be banned from the centre. 

Going in today, the manager wanted to talk and was telling me that the initial confrontation from myself was the wrong thing to do. I told him I can't agree and stated an example that if someone hits/bumps someone in the street, you'd expect a re-action as self-defence. He replied, "Here is not the same as the street. Here is my property and you inform the officials of any problem you have." I then said, "they're both public places so same rules should apply"

Eventually, he informed me because of the inital confrontation, I would be suspended for one game and that the offender will ONLY be banned for the rest of the season (contradicting much) and will be back next season. 

So, what I want to know is that can I sue/press charges on the offender without it being too costly? I am only a student and honestly cannot afford the legal fees. Also, doesn't the centre owe a duty of care to their players? Can I sue them too? Was the punishment too lenient? What kind of precedent does that set? You can hit someone and escape with minimal penalty!!

I'm sorry for the long read but I appreciate any advice or opinion you post. I will also accept criticism if I'm in the wrong too. 

Thanks.

You are 100% in the right, but when it comes to you vs. the league the league will usually win. If the Umpire does his job the situation is over, but off course they will say sometimes the officials make mistakes and it was your fault for confronting him. The center does have a duty of care but it won't matter. A friend of mine was playing a game of Basketball at a center, a scuffle went on and a guy from the opposition ran off of the bench and hit him about 3 times in the face. Naturally he got away with it...why? The guy who ran off of the bench was an official himself and his official buddies just lied in there report about what happened. Local sport in this Country is fucked.

You have 2 options.

1) Let it go 

or

2) Wait for the next time you play against him and get him back. I'm talking, line him up and stick your elbow out and KO the ■■■■.

So if someone abuses me verbally I can punch that person? The guy who delivered the bump then escalated the push and shove deserves his ego checked by getting his ■■■ kicked. If the umpire did his ■■■■■■■ job and watched the play there would have been no push and shove to begin with.

In sports, most of the violence occurs by officials who don't have control over the game.

Better call Saul.

A guy bumped you during a game of footy so you wait until the game is over and go confront him, abuse and insult him, then want to sue him?
'Merica

Would've agreed that I'm thinking of the wrong thing but I never insulted or abused the gut.
Just a simple question, and he replied in the most arrogant manner. When I told him that wasn't good enough, he went agro and delivered the punch.

You didbt insult him? You called him a coward after he told you he did it because he was bored.

So if someone abuses me verbally I can punch that person? The guy who delivered the bump then escalated the push and shove deserves his ego checked by getting his ■■■ kicked. If the umpire did his ******* job and watched the play there would have been no push and shove to begin with.
In sports, most of the violence occurs by officials who don't have control over the game.

No, but if you walk up to a guy and insult him you look like a right wanker then thinking about ways to sue him.

i sucked. big time.

Did you whack a bloke after the game ?

i sucked. big time.

He's already told you what he did.

Lots of opinions on here so I appreciate the comments.
Majority think because there was no severe harm, I most likely won't be successful if I do precede to take legal action. Thinking about it now, I agree with these posters.

The question I would ask is what did you want from him? An apology? Good luck. If you had a problem you should have put in a complaint to the manager of the building.  Not saying its right that he cracked you, but its not like he trailed you to your house to do it. 

i sucked. big time.

He's already told you what he did.

Lol. Behind the Indoor Cricket Sheds, no shower?