Lessons from the 2018 finals

It all comes down to application. Across the entire playing group.

If any of Tom Barrass, Tom Cole, Liam Duggan or Will Schofield were available as free agents, we’d be saying neither makes our backline any better than it already is.
If any of Mark Hutchings, Chris Masten, Jack Redden or Dom Sheed were free agents, we’d laugh and say we’d prefer Mitch Wallis.
If any of Jamie Cripps, Lewis Jetta, Marc LeCras, Willie Rioli, Liam Ryan, Daniel Venables were free agents, we wouldn’t want any of them as they don’t make our forward line any better.
If any of Scott Lycett or Nathan Vardy were free agents, we prefer to hang on to McKernan instead.

Yet…
West Coast won a premiership with more than half a team of players that wouldn’t even fit into our best 22.
We have the talent on our list, they just need to apply themselves and never give in.

17 Likes

Speed will not win a grand final.

This may be true historically (I’m just checking) but soon 8th spot will be allocated to Gil’s wildcard entry and top spot will awarded by rotation to the loser clubs.

I learnt the aldi brand sausages are pretty good.

1 Like

Aren’t they though?

Used to have a Pork & Fennel one that were great, … but they stopped them the fkers.

1 Like

And coke will preclude you from participating.

1 Like

Could smack be beneficial?

3 Likes

Alcohol is compulsory if you wish to view.

1 Like

A Big lesson was learned by those supporting Richmond in the Preliminary final…

Trust in the Collywobbles. Always.

Edit: you just knew it was going to be a perfect day when the banner fell apart. And the cheers squad needed to be consoled by Buckley.

1 Like

Selecting injured players is a risky option. But we have known this for a while.

1 Like

In all seriousness.

We have learned that we must be better than the opposition and bias umpiring.

We’ve learned to except the fact the umpires are going to try an influence the game against us. We need to be better than that. We need to be better than the 22 opposition players and 3 central umpires.

Umpiring is not an excuse to losing the game. We showed this when we destroyed West Coast.

Collingwood need to invest in a cheer squad who can deliver quality banner construction, and a runner with a greater level of awareness.

1 Like

‘Swooping season’ is as bad as ‘tiger time’.

2 Likes

Incumbency and ‘no changes for mine’ selection policy is overrated. Balllsack was never a suitable matchup for Kennedy & pies should’ve trusted Reid to play one good game given he has been fit for a few weeks.

1 Like

That wasn’t really a thing was it?

lol

1 Like

Yes. Yes it was.

1 Like

Never invite a friend round to watch the GF that knows fk all about football, yet talk about the game all the way through.

Only time I got some respite was when had food in his gob.

6 Likes

Intercept defenders are the most important players in the league. Jeremy McGovern is a superstar.

Poor old love stole the wrong tape…

1 Like

Pressure > structure

But

Pressure + structure > pressure/structure

4 Likes