Lets Go Surfin' Now , Everybody's Learnin' How ......... C'mon A Safari With The Bombers!

What's that about global warming and more droughts on the world's driest continent?

Um … pretty sure the facility wont be reliant on rainfall.

Um… unless you think people will be hypnotised to believe they have this experience, where do you think water comes from? If not from rain it comes from a non-renewable resource that only contributes to the problem.

Clearly it will be filled from the tears of every team we smack down this year.

So there will be plenty.

1 Like

Sell the excess solar power to them.

If you thought kicking out the bowls club was hard…

That’s alright.

I want one.

This completely wrecks my plans for our own home stadium at TVSC by 2070

The New Caribbean Gardens

Hey, Dogz! Some wun needs 2 tell thm how 2 spell, Urban.

Can someone explain without me having to go to that cnting website
The first thing to explain is that it doesn't yet exist. Some people have leased some land. By the end of next year, something like what's in the picture might exist. Or might not.

Bumpy, bump…
Very close to opening, looks epic.
https://urbnsurf.com/stories/itspumping/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Filling&utm_content=Video&utm_persona=Core_Surfers

1 Like

Farking pizzer!!

Can’t wait to have a crack at this. Hopefully it can go a tad bigger than what’s shown in that clip though. :thinking:

Surely a life membership is part of the recruiting package?

Being a diehard surfer if I was young gun player an the club wanted me to play for em I would be there in a heartbeat if I knew I could walk across the road for a surf. How good would that be

This place should be invaluable for refining technique.

On a short board at least.

One with some windsurfing/wakeboard type footstraps might be fun.

(who am I kidding, I’d put my back out the first time I tried to twist like these young fkers do, …lol)

It’s going to be a tight pocket/power zone so that does tend to lend itself to shorter templates, but the ability to have a repeatable wave is just such a powerful tool.

Bodyboards will love it on the wedgiest settings. There is a relaxed beginner wave. I’m sure there will be an easy entry then just the right amount of curl longboard wave too.

Anyone here tried a surf-skate by Smoothstar?

I just got one to see me through the second lock-down. I love the thing. As far as coming close to replicating and refining surf technique on land I think it is unparalleled.

With practice I am now able to drive the thing up mild hills using a surfing pump technique and ride back down practicing turns off of driveways.

I just need to be less bashful about being in my 40s and on a skateboard. Fortunately a helmet plus a face mask makes me particularly anonymous.

I look forward to updating you on my first broken arm.

3 Likes

Damn. How do you post images?

Owen and Tyler Wright grew up on them, and I saw something about plenty of current day pros doing some training on them so they must have something. I’ve never seen one in the flesh. What’s the cost? I might get one ‘for my son’(!)

1 Like

I’ve ridden a Carver which is the same concept. I find them too tall and unstable at speed. I get the same pump effect using good trucks with a slalom setup (wedged and loose for more turn at the front, firm at the back for drive). some good info here: https://www.ridingboards.com/slalom-skateboarding/

40 lol, grommett.

1 Like