Let's Talk Solutions

I said, I thought we should lay the cups down. Much more like us.

Maybe we can bring in those clowns that helped destroy Adelaide.

1 Like

Adelaide don’t know how to really Fark up a club. Amateurs.

we’ve already found the solution. Kevin Sheedy on the bosrd to rescue us

Nothing will change until players such as Hurley, Hooker and Zaharakis are gone. They are the senior leaders and I’m assuming the king d*cks of the “boys” club and responsible for the culture. Get them out of the club. I’d replace Heppell as captain with McGrath after this year and build around him with hopefully the 3 first round draft picks and Brand and the Daveys in a few years.

2 Likes

I thought we were drawing a line in the sand.

2 Likes

Ok, here are some initial thoughts.

1. What is the purpose of Essendon FC?
    Currently I don’t believe this is clear to staff and players, let alone fans. A wishy washy statement such as “strive for success” or “be an elite club” mean nothing and provide very little direction or goals for everyone.

Set some clear and measurable goals, such as top 4 by 2021. That way you have a clear purpose and if you don’t get there you implement accountability to assess where you went wrong.

This is the responsibility of senior management, if they don’t have measurable goals that are public then that automatically states they are afraid to be held accountable.

1. Have clearly defined roles.
    What are Xavier’s responsibilities? Richardson? Dodoro?

The fact that endless conversation exists amongst people as to who is to blame is similar to the private security guard debate in our Covid19 debacle. No one knows which individual/s is dragging down the wider team.

If you have clearly defined roles, then some one like Richardson knows what he needs to achieve. If he fails, he is accountable. Same goes for Dodoro et al.

1. Transparency.

This has arguably been a major shortcoming over the years. Simple things such as management decisions and injury reports are vague, cryptic and/or misleading. Again, to me that suggests and avoidance of accountability.

The press conferences with Woosha (and silence from Rutten) is a classic case of hiding from the public.

The club has a fear of putting itself out there and it is keen to avoid criticism, especially where the media has made the club a constant target since the saga.

Set up some clear protocols within the club on communication standards and again, be clear and concise in the messaging.

3 Likes

A complete independent review of the club from top to bottom with nothing off limits. This is the tangible translation of a line in the sand.

Have the review chaired by person who is completely removed from with the club’s current toxic leadership and have the recommendations and outcomes released to us members before the AGM.

The club can then use the AGM as a platform to publicly respond to the findings and address how they will implement them.

Not that i have any faith in Brasher and Campbell to deliver anything other than corporate rhetoric & jargon (my native language from 9-5 which makes it even more frustrating to listen to it used in a football club in which it has no place).

An independent review is the only way there will be a benchmark set to which we can hold these frauds accountable against.

There will never be a line in the sand moment without this.

1 Like

sack dodoro and anyone else who’s been allowed to atrophy under our poor governance over the last decade

1 Like

Package up Riolio to TalkingCarlton along with Saad to Carltank.

I sort of get the whole cultural facination becuase there’s some validity. However the best way to fix it is hire competent and experienced people.

Our CEO had zero experience when we had hired him and he’s learned in the job.

Our Footy Manager had 3-4 years experience

Our head coach zero experience and only 4 years as an assistant.

I mean what where we expecting to happen? Somehow all these inexperienced people where going to pull off a miracle. To contrast Brisbane went and got Fagan, Noble and Swann some of the most experienced operators in the game.

It’s not what we are doing in as much as who is doing it.

6 Likes

Just bottom out and rebuild.

Off field move us back to the MCG already.

A social club doesn’t have to be at Tulla . You go to Tullamarine when you want to leave Melbourne.

Just update Windy hill. (havent been there for years, how is it?)

2 Likes

Take away Sheedy’s success… and John Coleman is our last premiership Coach.

If it wasn’t for Sheedy, this club would be along side Melbourne as a successful club of the early 1900’s… and has been stuck in ‘no mans land’ since.

But right now, we are starring down the barrel of Melbourne type basket case, who rests on its laurels of past success.

People still call talk back radio raving and bragging that we are the most successful club.
Is it successful when a new generation of supporters have never seen a premiership or something as small as a finals win?

Is it successful that only one man has led this club to success over the past 50 years?

3 Likes

The Tullamarine facilities would be fine if they were at Windy Hill. ■■■■■■■ cave to a bowls club ffs. And we think we’re a BIG club. Pissweak. That and the move to Docklands = 98% of our culture ■■■■■■ down the drain.

1 Like

Didn’t we hire Worsfold who had 20 years experience? How did that work out…

3 Likes

Yep exactly correct.

And the truth is, that even under Sheedy, we were super flaky (apart from one brilliant year), picked and chose when to turn up, and relied on individual brilliance to drag us over the line too much. How many times in his career did Hird completely save us when we were struggling?

The cultural issues go all the way back to the mid 90s in my view.

1 Like

Merge with North Melbourne then relocate the merged Club to Tasmania.

The Bomberoos would be outright number 1 for VFL/AFL premierships.

3 Likes

The Roombas. I’m likin it. It works on the level that we both suck.

2 Likes

Go Celtics style.

Put a cabinet in the entrance with nothing in it and a light shinning down on it. So every person who walks in the club knows it’s their job to fill it.

2 Likes

Joe seems to disagree.