Lib spill on again

Fair dinkum - this is becoming like the 'Hird sacked' rumor that popped up every fortnight for 3 years. And it mirrors the circumstances. People who hate Conservatives/Essendon want to get rid of the leader Abbott/Hird even though it will make no difference to who they support.

That said, Abbott needs to sack Turnbull and move him on from Communications. For a start he is doing a rubbish job what with the NBN blowout and the ABC. Secondly, its becoming perfectly obvious that he is trying to destabalise the party. If Abbott hasn’t got the balls to do this, then perhaps he should hand over the reins to someone who does.

So it’s ridiculous to talk about Tony copping it, but he should cop it?
Terrific.

He deserves scrutiny for his handling of Turnbull.
Everything else is just nonsense perpetuated by the ABC/Fairfax/Twatter group echo chamber.

Abbott sack Turnbull?

Why not?
He adds zero value to the portfolio and to the Coalition as a whole.

Fair dinkum - this is becoming like the 'Hird sacked' rumor that popped up every fortnight for 3 years. And it mirrors the circumstances. People who hate Conservatives/Essendon want to get rid of the leader Abbott/Hird even though it will make no difference to who they support.

That said, Abbott needs to sack Turnbull and move him on from Communications. For a start he is doing a rubbish job what with the NBN blowout and the ABC. Secondly, its becoming perfectly obvious that he is trying to destabalise the party. If Abbott hasn’t got the balls to do this, then perhaps he should hand over the reins to someone who does.

Terrific.

Everything else is just nonsense perpetuated by the ABC/Fairfax/Twatter group echo chamber.

The only thing worth commenting on about the leader of the whole political system of the country is....

…internal squabbling?

Not the economy? Not trade policy? Not refugee issue or science policy/funding, health, education, infrastructure or anything else?
Far out. Glad we’ve got our priorities straight.

Terrific.

The only thing worth commenting on about the leader of the whole political system of the country is....

…internal squabbling?

Not the economy? Not trade policy? Not refugee issue or science policy/funding, health, education, infrastructure or anything else?
Far out. Glad we’ve got our priorities straight.

Huh!!!
We are talking from the perspective of any ‘supposed’ leadership challenge.

Getting hammered in the polls probably isn’t helping. Getting caned in this by-election would not be good for him.

What, in your view, has Turnbull has done wrong? They lumped him in that portfolio which, with the LNP fibre-to-nowhere-in-particular policy, was always going to be a hard sell.

Getting hammered in the polls probably isn't helping. Getting caned in this by-election would not be good for him.

What, in your view, has Turnbull has done wrong? They lumped him in that portfolio which, with the LNP fibre-to-nowhere-in-particular policy, was always going to be a hard sell.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -
*letting the ABC run riot,
*not sacking Mark Scott who has proven incompetent on almost every level,
*not reigning in the duplication costs for the ABC and SBS. Why they have four TV stations each with two of them replicating each other is beyond me?
*not doing anything with the NBN. Either junk it or commit to it.
*Continual leaking to the press.
*Not being true to conservative voters values and beliefs.

Other than that, he’s been terrific…

Chopping down the NBN to save money was always a fool’s errand. That much was obvious as soon as it got started (years ago), let alone since the election.

I doubt very much the broadcasting actually costs much in the scheme of things. The money’s in the content, may as well broadcast what we’ve already paid for as much as we can.

Leadership challenge rumours have momentum of their own. Journos get so excited about that sort of thing that they focus on it monomaniacally so much that the govt simply can’t get their message out about anything else, and the more stories about leadership, the more the perception of crisis goes.

Exactly the same thing appened to Gillard - she just couldn’t get the old ‘clear air’ and got leadership-rumoured out of existence. Abbott has the advantage there in that the Murdoch papers are kinda on his side rather than actively trying to undermine him, but even their support has limits. If Abbott looks like he’s not going to turn it around in time for the Libs to win the next election, Murdoch will dump him like a hot potato in favour of Morrison or someone.

Getting hammered in the polls probably isn't helping. Getting caned in this by-election would not be good for him.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -
*not reigning in the duplication costs for the ABC and SBS. Why they have four TV stations each with two of them replicating each other is beyond me?

Are you suggesting they take away ABC2? If that happens, I will personally hunt down those responsible and hang them from their heels. ABC Kids (ABC2 during the day) is a lifeline for parents not prepared to pay for Murdoch’s Monopoly called Foxtel. As a parent of a 1 and 3 year old it is what keeps me (and my wife) in the land of the sane.

Leadership challenge rumours have momentum of their own. Journos get so excited about that sort of thing that they focus on it monomaniacally so much that the govt simply can't get their message out about anything else, and the more stories about leadership, the more the perception of crisis goes.

Exactly the same thing appened to Gillard - she just couldn’t get the old ‘clear air’ and got leadership-rumoured out of existence. Abbott has the advantage there in that the Murdoch papers are kinda on his side rather than actively trying to undermine him, but even their support has limits. If Abbott looks like he’s not going to turn it around in time for the Libs to win the next election, Murdoch will dump him like a hot potato in favour of Morrison or someone.

Judging by his twitter feed, Rupe’s on the knife edge at the moment. A big loss in the BE would just about do it IMHO. Not that I think Morrison is any less incompetent.
Abbott sack Turnbull?

Why not?
He adds zero value to the portfolio and to the Coalition as a whole.

If by zero value you mean the parties only chance at holding government, then sure.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

you mean actually being objective?

I want some of whatever it is you do your tripping on.

Liberal Party should just rename themselves, to 1) be more accurate and 2) remove the name clash with the Lib Dems. That would also give them more standing to kick Malcolm out.

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

Are you suggesting they take away ABC2? If that happens, I will personally hunt down those responsible and hang them from their heels. ABC Kids (ABC2 during the day) is a lifeline for parents not prepared to pay for Murdoch’s Monopoly called Foxtel. As a parent of a 1 and 3 year old it is what keeps me (and my wife) in the land of the sane.

You have my sword.

If Turnball takes over, and isn’t a ‘true conservative’, which other party will ‘true conservatives’ suddenly start voting for?

What has he done wrong?
Err, lets see -

You have my sword.

Mine too

And my machete

If Turnball takes over, and isn't a 'true conservative', which other party will 'true conservatives' suddenly start voting for?

Well that is the problem you see. Turdball is actually a liberal. And in a conservative party that merely calls itself liberal for the image, he’s not all that popular.

If Turnball takes over, and isn't a 'true conservative', which other party will 'true conservatives' suddenly start voting for?

Well that is the problem you see. Turdball is actually a liberal. And in a conservative party that merely calls itself liberal for the image, he’s not all that popular.

so the answer is ‘One Nation’ ?