LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

Oh, this thread is active. Then I’d like to take this time to repeat a post I just made in the Lid On thread, albeit with a few tone changes.

This is the upbeat thread for optimistic stuff. If seeing people being optimistic offends you, and you feel the need to pick a fight about our midfield depth or something, can I make the following suggestion: don’t.

Mute the thread, and you’ll never have the itch to bring down unbridled enthusiasm. You won’t be tempted to be a grinch and ruin people’s fun, even if it’s just because you didn’t realise which thread you’re in. By all means bring the cynicism to any other thread, that’s how blitz do, but maybe just mute this thread and let the happy people be happy.

I realise this is unlikely to be an issue this week or (in the spirit of the thread) any other week because we’re going to go undefeated from now to the flag, but on the off chance there’s a minor hiccup, this isn’t the thread for being a gloomer.

1 Like

We win the next 4 games and IMO it almost shuts the other thread down.

We’d be the biggest news in the AFL.
(Tiges,Gws,Port,Sydney with the two Sydney games away. I couldn’t think of a.more.challenging run right now given the form of those sides.)

This is the lid off thread, you’re supposed to say that you can’t think of an easier run heading in to the bye.

5 Likes

I can’t think of an easier run heading into the bye.

5 Likes

Seriously though, the JD, Raz and Tippa show can take us a long way.

LaVerde, Langford, Francis when all up and running are going to make us a scary proposition.

It’s happening isn’t it.

3 Likes

Yes.

It is.

4 Likes

Yep, but while those 3 may improve us in the future… don’t forget Ambrose is the other that didn’t play today that makes us instantly better.

They are all big footballers as well, which compliments our growing young mosquito fleet.

I can’t be lid off until the thread title is changed

2 Likes

Will probably be in the top 6 when we beat Richmond. Here. We. Come.

If we beat Richmond next week, then I’m all in.

1 Like

So last week top 4 Geelong were a bruise-free disaster, this week top 4 west coast are flat track bullies. IF we win next week Richmond’s demise will be the huge story. All the while we live thus…(PS the “you” in the lyrics
refers to our opposition)

2 Likes

Give that lid a nudge my friend. No turning back from here. Essington has been laid to rest.

Enjoy the ride to premiership glory, flag number 21

3 Likes

Richmond, GWS, Port next 3. If we go 2-1 from that set then we are tracking really nicely, 3-0 and it’s LID OFF! Richmond this week is massive. 80K+ crowd for Dreamtime, if we bring the effort and fluency in attack from the past 2 games we will be fine.

I think we’ll need 13 to make it, but that might get us to 6th. Will be a logjam at 12 wins I reckon so % crucial if we only get 12.

This week is fairly big.

1 Like

Yup. True Essington test.

3 Likes

Fixed. Now you and everyone who liked this post must go full lid off.

This thread still feels a bit rudderless without the president & vice-president of the lid off nation, where have they gone? And who will claim the leadership now from 2nd drop as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

1 Like

When we beat Richmond I will hold a memorial service for the death of essington.

1 Like

Everyone come dressed as your favourite Essington player. I’m coming as Richie Cole.

5 Likes

Will get the 2009-10 “droopy sash” jumper out of storage!

1 Like