LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

Welcome.

We won’t hold that other thread against you, it serves its purpose.

But this place is so much more fun.

3 Likes

This place is only fun when us lid-onners walk back in here and say “told you so”

Happened 10 of the last 12 years I think

3 Likes

This thread is the home of Tippa selling candy, Joe bombing goals from 70 and giving it the finger twirl, and Raz taking 4 bounces and slotting it on the run.

You can have your lid on thread. It’s much more fun in here.

1 Like

Just gonna warm this one up for a big week.

Unstoppable at the G

The GF is played at the G.

No coincidence.

1 Like

We’ll manage to lose to Fark carlton again at the G

nope

its a shame then, that our next three and season on the line are all at Etihad

Nope

Zerrett coming back from a head knock in the 3rd to slot 1 through from 60 in the 1st 20 seconds of the fourth. Flipping awesome!

2 Likes

Anyone else getting these Stelly ads? [quote=“Kj_11, post:248, topic:3706, full:true”]
its a shame then, that our next three and season on the line are all at Etihad
[/quote]

As it’s shorter, just means I’ll kicks for goal will go through further.

Wwlcome back peoples

1 Like

Not coming back unless we win next 3 in a row. Haven’t had a winning run of more than 2 in a row all year. Turn that corner and the lid can losen

Just a couple of observations…

I still don’t think we have shown we are any better after the bye than we were in the early part of the season.

I still think we “run out of legs” and are unable to play our hard running, fast brand of footy for 4 quarters, so we need to score more in the first 3!

I think the team is building some belief in each other, and finding some chemistry, and that this can only be facilitated rather than coached.

We can still gain a lot from this season. Games against the saints and bulldogs will be good yardsticks against which we can measure ourselves, winning them will give us belief that we belong above them on the ladder. The game against Norf will determine whether we can put away cellar dwellers.

We win those 3 and we should have some serious winning form, with chemistry building and some belief in our abilities heading into August with the last 4 matches being bloos, crows, suns, freo… 3 sides currently below us on the ladder and probably tanking.

This is easily the best injury run we have had in recent memory, so if it continues id expect to play finals, and aside from Adelaide I think we would give ourselves a good chance against all of those sides in the top 8.

1 Like

Check out the current top 8, every one of them has won at least 3 from their last 5 (ok GCS has 2 wins 2 draws) and the teams we are hoping to overtake in 5th to 8th generally have even better form (swans, saints, demons) with 4/5.
So I agree, we need to get some consistency if we want to play finals and win the flag.
Yesterday was the first step.

Port, Melbourne and St Kilda all winning this week doesn’t help us. And the schedules games next week don’t do us any favours on paper either.

Makes it harder to make the eight, but makes it easier to make top 4!

5 Likes

And yet here you are. :yum:

We’ll need 13 wins and %booster. Last two weeks have made I very difficult

It wasn’t a good weekend for us re the other results.

I still maintain my earlier position that 12 wins with a percentage better than 105 will be enough to sneak 8th spot.

I think St.Kilda and Melbourne are particularly vulnerable with their respective draws over the next 5 weeks.
Port look safe with several winnable games looming.

Richmond and Sydney are “probablies” in my estimation.
Of course, we may need to over take the WCE also, and stay above the Bulldogs.

Win these games, and I think we get in…

• St.K
  • WB
    3 of the following 5 (NM, Car, Adel, GCS, Freo)

If we win Fri night, get excited again, because the Saints were fkn good against the Tiges.
Like… ridiculously good !!!

2 Likes

Saints primed for a let down after the emotional build up for the Richmond game.

2 Likes