LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

We will make the bottom half of the 8. Then we get the AFL-mandated-destroy-the-integrity-of-the-finals week off.

After that, we are fresh and we know that the suspended players will crawl over broken glass for a premiership.

And it’s also the most even year ever, where there are no stand out teams to stop us.

Lid
Off

7 Likes

Given that 1 win separates 5th from 13th (albeit with some sides having played 1 more game than others), any team that can go on a 4-5 game winning run can put some distance between them and the ruck of teams fighting for those last 2-3 spots in the 8. We have held up not too bad the past month. 2 thumping wins and 2 close losses, 3 out of those 4 games we have played really well with the Richmond game being a frustrating night. We are trending nicely, but we just have to go on a run at some point.

1 Like

I think most rational people thought and said that we’d take 6 or 7 games to get it together.

Disclaimer: Post is ridiculous.

IF - you run the ladder predictor for the remainder of the season so that the higher team on the ladder wins, AND you don’t change the margins (ie - all games are 2 goal wins), this is the outcome.

TOP 4 HERE WE COME!

But if I can be serious for a minute - the Dogs have a tough road home - they’re going to struggle to even make the top 8.

I wonder what the odds would have been on Leicester getting relegated AND the Dogs missing the finals would have been…

2 Likes

THIS IS ALL THE PROOF I NEED

15 Likes

What I wouldn’t give to be facing Richmond in a prelim

1 Like

I dunno but my inlaws are Dogs supporters originally from Loofbrah (Leicester) so it would be absolutely terrific if both happened.

1 Like

Ha, first week is four interstate finals.

1 Like

Oof Gold Coast, 13 wins and no finals.

Imagine if we’d beaten Richmond. We’d be in the 4, albeit with the bye to come.

Even just having beaten Carlton would have been huge.

1 Like

Seem to say this every week but next month is massive
Swans, pies, dogs and saints in the next 5 games. All teams around us, win 3 of those 4 (assuming essington doesn’t turn up in 2nd July) and as smooth said we can create some distance on the rest of the comp

2 Likes

Stop reminding us.

2 Likes

Adelaide has already lost 3, as have GWS.

Bit rich expecting them both to win all ten games, considering we have Adelaide here to come, and we’re down with one more loss.

So I’m actually in Japan for our first final. In the major cities, are there many sports bars and what’s the likelyhood that there is an Aussie bar?

1 Like

Watching the replay again tonight. Just warming up for September action

2 Likes

I’m starting to feel like this thread has gone all in before the bye.

And it’s great!

I can’t wait to get arrogant again.

2 Likes

If you’re down in Osaka, theres a great little bar called ‘Coolabah’. Will show footy - the owners an Aussie called Andy. Highly recommend even just for a night out!

Cup is ours, Bird norm smith.

1 Like

I said we would finish 5th at the start of the year. Not much has changed my mind.

Did the AFL ladder predictor now and…

5 Likes