LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

The best bit is the fake this week when we get beaten by 83 points. No one will see it coming.

2 Likes

Im still all in to be honest.

Make the season all the more exciting!!!

2 Likes

Even DJR isn’t lid off anymore.

Did you miss the bit where I said they troll us this week just to make the next 11 wins a little more interesting?

You’ve almost climbed out of the pit of eternal despair, rossoneri; don’t slip now.

1 Like

5 Likes

Must of ate a bad chip at the VFL

1 Like

aren’t all of them ■■■■ and you get yours from outside the venue?

So I am feeling pretty good about the next 7/8.

Pretty much a full list to choose from, only travel outside of Melbourne once and after a couple of 6 dayers we get some good 7 day breaks for the tougher ones.

Oh and when we play the suns, our only away game, ablett’s head will be in retirement or Geelong mode.

Strap yourselves in.

Go Bombers.

4 Likes

I laughed. We are back at the G though and we will be back as a result.

83 in the other direction. I can’t see us losing to be honest.

I plan on enjoying this weekend immensely. Joe to kick 7.

3 Likes

6 will do, especially if we win them by an average of 4 goals or so.

2 Likes

Thread back on track

2 Likes

How many times have I heard this?

NOT ENOUGH

3 Likes

We’ve had a slow start to the year. That’s why we’ve only been the sixth best team this year…

2 Likes

It’ll be a cold day in hell before I accept that ELO is anything other than a cutting edge prog pop band from the 70s.

11 Likes

It may be a cold day in hell… they were neither cutting edge nor prog.

I can’t deny they were from the '70s.

But the lid off guys would have LOVED the '70s!

2 Likes

Not prog, but I’d argue that they were cutting edge, initially, anyway. They did a lot of experimental stuff with electronics and production in particular. Love ELO.

With a goal kicking machine in Blethyn i don’t see how we can’t win a flag this decade

1 Like

This is when the lid off thread really kicks up a notch.

To borrow a line from The Descendents - ‘At the bottom of the barrel, with your backs against the wall’

Will storm into the eight and win a home final, after that its a lottery.

6 Likes

As the opener of the “Lid On” thread, I am showing my colours as a truly Bipolar Bomber, I have out of the blue, even to myself, decided that we are about to emerge out of the shadow of the darkest moment of 2017 into the brightness of unexpected success. See my post below.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/t/the-team-collingwood-v-essendon-mcg-2-10pm-saturday-july-8-the-langford-no-moore/10911/212?u=scarey

5 Likes