LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

Only thread on blitz with any relevance now.

2 Likes

lid last seen passing jupiter and gaining speed

1 Like

Adelaide and GWS still a classs above, but I’d happily face any other team in finals and know we were a legit chance.

After that i would play anyone anytime.

3 Likes

If we make the 8 we are absolutely capable of winning it.

2 Likes

About as capable as giving up a 27 point lead in the third and bowing out first round vs some hack team that gets cut to pieces next game.

Yep absolutely, but the hack teams don’t play in finals.

1 Like

Wrong thread

2 Likes

If we are on, they aren’t that far in front. Our good is really good, just don’t see it consistently enough

1 Like

That’s getting pretty close to lid off. The tide has turned!

2 Likes

The lid is slightly ajar

2 Likes

The lid…is a jar.
The Lid…is a Jar

1 Like

Obliterate those tin rattling useless soft c*cks in North next week by 10 goals and then the jar might start to crack in half.

2 Likes

“Holding onto a lid is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die”.

• Budda
5 Likes

There will be no comments from the media playing that win down like the eagles or port games, they will be lining up to get on our bandwagon.

1 Like

Got a wog wedding in preliminary final weekend in 2018. Do I tell the bride now or should I wait?

3 Likes

Better tell everyone you know that Sept weekends are booked out 2017 through to 2020, just to be safe.

5 Likes

Last 5 weeks we have had the #1 attack (107 ppg) and the 3rd best defence (72 ppg against) in the AFL. We should have beaten Sydney and Brisbane. Had we gone 5-0 in that period based on those numbers we’d be seen as a genuine threat. There is still a lot of work to do thanks to dropping those 2 games. A 10-6 record would have us 5th, ahead of Richmond on percentage and below Port on the same amount of wins. It’s in our own hands…

1 Like

Beating sydney would’ve gone a long way to some credibility for a finals campaign.

3 Likes

Planned this far out? Won’t last, so don’t worry about it.