LID OFF 2017 - Went all in, on a bluff, and had it called! The flop gives us a chance, on the turn it's 50/50, we're home on the river. Now to make a big run at the final table!

If your going to use the alt name for Essendon how about you ■■■■ off to the lid on thread hey.
Especially after a fine victory

1 Like

If you’re gonna use Essendon never post in the lid on thread.

LID OFF! :champagne:

Merrett Brownlow & Essendon Premiership Double @ $701 with Sportsbet.

Any suggestions for my $35K WHEN it salutes? :moneybag:

4 Likes

Buy The Age.

11 Likes

On Sunday I got $91 for us to win the flag using Sportsbet’s power boost thingy. They’re just giving away free money! Where are we having the after party?

4 Likes

You’ve left a heap of money on the table! Daniher for Coleman and McGrath for rising star. Turn your $35k into $1.25m!

3 Likes

By the way, how do I do a multi like that? I have Sportsbet but it still says I can’t bet on related markets.

If you can’t find the multi that you want, email them and they will give you odds for your combination.

Only a finals win will kill it.

2 Likes

It’s interesting situation the last 2 weeks. It has shown how good we can be and play. some are gettting carried away as usual, but most seem to be quitely enjoying it.

It will be interesting to see how people respond if and or when the intensity and pressure drops off and maybe the form isn’t as good. No i’m not saying people should get a pitchfork and march on the club.

However IMO the last 2 weeks have shown to me, when the coaches, players etc mentally require and expect more from each other and go about it look what happens.

At the end of the day, we played 4 games in 19 days, and the best game out of the 4 came against geelong with a 6 day break coming back from the west, 7 days later they demolish wc.

That should say to most around here that they can do it, and they should at the very least be expected to bring that intensity and pressure every week, and if or when they don’t, there should be NO EXCUSES for it.

No oh it was raining, no oh we only have a 4/6 day break, no oh we were coming back from the west, no oh poor little didums needs to be held so as not to be hurt by all the big bad bullies online.
There are now NO EXCUSES as to why they can’t perform like they have, every week from now on ( win or loss isn’t the key, it’s how you go about it that matters, the wins will come from playing the right way)

DKP has gone lid off…ish. :wink:

2 Likes

Murphy. Complete with stolen handbag.

2 Likes

I’m pleased with our performances the last 2 weeks. But I think many people are going early on this. Some members of the media are talking about us being contenders this year. There is always a possibility that this could happen, but it’s way too early to be making calls about us contending the top 4 and being around a preliminary final position.

Our history of being pathetic in the last half of the season is against us. I have vowed never to get excited about what we will be in the last round, until it’s confirmed.

Our Jekyll and Hyde performances still concern me. I can see this happening through out the year. But gees it would be a block buster movie contract if we some how won it this year.

2 Likes

He’s finally coming to terms with our disappointing ANZAC day win

4 Likes

What tripe.
As usual, your mantra is that the club and its employees, including the players, lose games because they don’t try hard enough for you, or are incompetent. Fark you’re a peanut.

4 Likes

You’re in the wrong thread.

2 Likes

It’s fun in here

1 Like

He’s in the slammer atm. Real nasty peice of work.

Dibs on Mark Alvey

correction, that’s how you take what i say to mean, but i’ve come to understand it’s cos of your limited understanding of anything.

and my “mantra” actually is, if you have low expectations, how do you expect to achieve anything more than low expectations ?