Lid Off 2018 - See It Before It's Too Late

I’m happy with how we are progressing.

Ultimately disappointed with how the year has panned out so far but happy that we are now starting to produce very good football based on hard work.

The new additions to the side have had a big impact too in my opinion. The younger guys are quicker and hit targets.

At the start of the year we could hit the side of a barn but now we are moving the ball very well.

1 Like

If we are to make the 8 we need to win 13 games. Of those remaining games we really need to beat North, Pies and Hawks because they are all competing for the bottom half of the 8.

Despite our better form I can’t see us winning 7 more from here. 5 or 6 is best case I reckon.

If that’s your Lid Off, I’d hate to see your Lid On

4 Likes

four wins from the last five matches, sames as 2 other clubs (Pies and Power) and one other club has 5 from 5 (swans). So on current form we are a top 4 side.

I cant believe how many things Woosha has said in the 1st few rounds have true re:performance.

Got to have some inside knowledge.

2 Likes

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you, this is not the thread for considered thought process.

For thread’s benefit, I can’t see us losing another game for the year.

4 Likes

We’ve opened the windows and lit some scented candles but still can’t completely get rid of that lid on stench that settled in here during that extended poor run of form.

After we smash our next four opponents and go into August with finals momentum the place will be ready to start decorating for the premiership procession.

5 Likes

I’m beginning to believe.

2 Likes

IT’S TIME

2 Likes

Our run home isn’t too bad. Collingwood is a big challenge.

On current form we should beat GC, and by the looks of it we’ll be playing a Fyfe-less Freo at Etihad.

We really should have beaten Hawks earlier in the year so we should get our revenge there.

Hoping we pull off a big win against the Swans - Saints who knows what form they’ll be in.

Tigers and Port at AO are our toughest challenge.

Are we thinking 13 wins will be required to make the 8? Or 12?

13 definitely. Could win 13 and still miss out, probably on %. Need some big wins if we’re any realistic chance.

We’re back baybayyyyyyyyyyy.
Up the darling dons.
What an atmosphere at Etihad yesti.

3 Likes

Is it open, off?

Hate to use such a cliche but we need to take it week by week.

We have some big challenges and then a few easier games which we are more than capable of losing.

If we continue to play the way we are now for the remainder of the year then we can beat anyone.

2 Likes

Just enjoy it without the pressure and craving for more.

4 Likes

We might not make finals this year.

But I’m getting increasingly confident we have a team that will peak together and be a genuine flag chance in future years.

5 Likes

Gonna be classic Essendon with a massively positive 9-11th place finish.

1 Like

The style of football we are playing at the moment is a joy to watch and is now showing that we aren’t all just run and gun.

If we don’t make finals I will be disappointed but we still can take a lot from this season.

I know the gloomers will say that we missed the finals again but for the first time in a long time I feel we have a team that can dig in and win games of football no matter the circumstances or opposition.

The last two weeks for example we managed to win even when getting mauled by the umpires. We are showing a level of resilience that we haven’t had for a decade.

6 Likes

Ummmmm some of you guys seem confused by what the the lid off thread is actually about.

Please take your very reasonable, considered D&M on the teams current position to another thread.

Might have to start increasing security around here.

Which then means i can start scalping some tickets to get in soon and make some sweet $$$.

4 Likes

Except Richmond (not on our own there) and maybe Sydney